22. Adhara

Jasmine’s POV

“What’s the news about Adhara?” her father, the Seraph asked me.

“Adhara did beyond our expectations; she’s not an innocent virgin anymore.”

“Who is the man?” he sounds so interested but I can hear the anger and disappointment in his tone.

“Harry . . . his name is Harry. And he gave Adhara a name; he’s calling her Jennifer Lynn”

“Does he love her? Does she love him?”

“They love each other, yes, and it looks like Harry really loves your daughter.”

“That can’t be happening.” Now, he raised his voice, this is what exactly we’re afraid of. “Canilan! Canilan!” he called his wife, the mortal Canilan, Adhara’s mother. I mean Jennifer’s mother. Her immortal name here is Adhara, she doesn’t know about that; her memory is not full yet.

“I know what’s happening Nialle.” She hugged him tight. “She will be okay, we will be okay.”

“No we won’t.” Seraph is really angry. “Call Eniam and we’re going down.”

They will hunt her and take her away from Harry, I feel pity for her. She will be hurt again.

I looked around for Eniam entire the palace, until I found him at the top of it. Well, he’s always like this, looking away, deeply thinking in the place where he at right now.

“Eniam! The Seraph is looking at you.”

“What are we gonna do?”

“You’re going down and look for Jennifer.”

His brows meet. “Who’s Jennifer?”

“Adhara, Jennifer’s Adhara, now you have to go to the Seraph.”

He has a wide grin on his face, it’s because he loves Adhara so much, since they were young. But Jennifer’s hard headed, she really wants to be a mortal, that’s why. . . I don’t want to remember the reason.

Jennifer’s POV

“Do you want to go out?” Harry asked me but I don’t feel going out today. I’m too lazy for that.

“No.” I winked.

“So what are you gonna do?” he leaned his chin on my thigh, giving me a please-go-out-with-me-look.

“Nothing.” I pinched his nose and commanded to get his chin off of my thigh because it’s sharp and it hurts me a little.

“Let’s go to the mall, beach, park, drive . . .”

“Baby, not today please. I’m lazy to walk.”

I snuggled into him, tapping my fingers on his chest, but he caught it with his teeth and it hurts. I glared at him but he just kissed my lips and said sorry. Then I can feel my back is hurt again. Not just my back, my head too, oh my what’s happening to me? I lay back to the bed again, closing my eyes to ease the hurt, but I really can’t bear it.

“Harry, my back, and my head are hurt I think I’m dying.” Am I dying?

“Don’t say that baby, you’re not gonna die, damn it.”

He helped me move to my side so my back couldn’t touch the bed. I just hugged him tight and all of the sudden, I’m out.