19. Birthday 1

Harry’s POV

Suit is perfect, hair is done, and face is still handsome. Harry Connick Jr., that’s the most handsome man in the whole universe.

Cut the bullsh*t Harry, just go downstairs and show your ass off to them. This is insane.

But before I go down, I should go and check Jennifer in her room. She’s gonna be looking so beautiful tonight, I can’t wait to see her. I knocked on her door, but I didn’t wait for her response, so I just opened it and peeked. I saw no Jenny. Where is she?

“Jennifer?” I called her.

“I’m coming sir.” She’ll never get the ‘sir’ thing out of her mouth, it’s my fault.

And what the hell is she wearing? T-shirt and jeans? This is a formal party not an ordinary party. And wait, she didn’t wear the dress I gave her. WTF!!

“What do you think you’re wearing? Where’s the dress I gave you?” I scolded her, as usual.

“I should be wearing this kind of clothes sir, the dress you’ve gave me doesn’t suit me, so it’s better for me to look like this.”

“You’re crazy! Will you stop being like that?”

“If I will, will you?” she whispered, but I heard her clear, of course I will, for you. This is going to be the last day.

“Just wear the dress and I’ll wait for you.”

“There’s no need sir.”

“Will you please?” my tone lowers and I’m begging her. “If you don’t do what I’ve told you, I’ll be the one putting it on you.” I mean it.

She took a breath and  “Okay, just go outside please . . . sir.”

“No.”

“Please.”

“No, Jennifer I’ll stay, I want to see you in that dress.” I sat down the bed.

“Later.” She smiled, finally. And that makes me smile too.

“Okay, I don’t peek, I’m gonna cover my eyes.”

She walked in front of me and cupped my cheeks. She’s not mad at me no more? Or maybe, she’s not really LOL. She cupped my face pinched my nose.

“Just go outside please Harry.” She pouts, oh so cute.

I crossed my arms and so with my legs and arched my brows. “I’ll stay here still, but I promise, I’m not really gonna peek. Just tell me when you’re done, that’s the time I’ll open my eyes.”

“Are you sure?”

I pulled her closer to me, and made her sat on my lap. I hugged her tight, not wanting her to let go again.

“101% sure.” I kissed her cheek 3 times. She giggled.

“Oh stop it.” And stood up to change her clothes.

“Let me help you.”

“Shut up Harry—I mean sir.” She gave a forced smile.

“From now on, don’t call me ‘sir’.”

“Okay sir.”

“I’m counting Jennifer.”

“Sorry.” She giggled.

Jennifer’s POV