Chapter 4

After the interview you had several days ago at the hospital, you were offered the job. Meaning you decided to stay in this town.

''You got your lunch? Books and pencil case?" You motherly questioned your daughter in the car before she could open the door.

''Yes, yes and yes. Why are you fussing over this! Mom it's just kindergarten.'' Maleeka shook her head at you in disbelief.

''Hey! It starts from now! You need to have a good foundation in order to do well in other grades you will move onto! And it's your first day at school my love! Of course I will fuss over you. My baby is leaving me!" You dramatically yelled with a fake cry.

''You are going to see me in a few hours mother!'' Maleeka playfully yelled back.

''Maleeka since birth you have been stuck to me 24/7! I have never been without you for a few hours!''

''Just give me a hug so I can go! I'll be late!'' The little red head whined.

Leaning over the seat, you hugged her extremely tightly. ''Be good and good luck okay? I love you Mel.'' You lovingly whispered.

''Good luck for your first day too mummy. I love you too!'' She beamed before breaking the hug and running excitedly to the school doors.

Stopping by the door frame, Maleeka waved at you as a final goodbye.

Waving back until she was gone, a real tear finally betrayed your eyes. ''Agh, being a mother sucks sometimes. Just kindergarten my ass! I don't want her to leave my side.'' You complained to yourself in the car as you drove away. You purposely made her enter kindergarten later than other kids because it didn't sit right with you to send your kid to school when she could barely talk. Now, at least if something happened to her at school, she would be able to directly tell you. Call you overprotective, but this world was sick.

Today was your first day on the job. You will be seeing to normal patients but you will also be shadowing an orthopaedic surgeon so you can become one yourself. After having a child, you realized how important it is to have money. You wanted her to have everything and live a comfortable life. She had no one but you to rely on. Obviously if she had Hisoka's money it would never be issue. That man is the richest out there, but that door closed a long time ago. And you definitely weren't ever going to open that door again.
Fuck Hisoka. Finally you could say - fuck Hisoka. Having a daughter made you realise that you would rather die and go to hell that have a guy similar to Hisoka date your daughter. Why? Because only with that perspective, you realised how shitty he treated you.

Your mother always told you to never rely on any man anyways. So despite the long tedious hours both studying medicine and practicing will be difficult, it will all pay off.

Since Itachi died, your dream of becoming an virologist died with him. You only chose to be a orthopaedic surgeon because its the highest paying position in the medical field.

Taking in a deep breath, you began your day.

--

With hours aging till 14:00, you barely made it to pick up your daughter because of how busy things at the hospital got. According to the doctors and nurses there, that wasn't busy - but a normal day.

Jumping out the car, you ran with a skip in your step to Maleeka - scooping her up into your arms for a tight embrace.

"There's my little star. How was the first day?"

"It was awesome! We played with so many toys and painted lots! See what I drew for you!" Reaching for her backpack, Maleeka pulled out a colorful painting of you and her holding hands in front of Itachi's house you ended up buying.