Chapter 82

"If I fall asleep, please wake me up at half past three." You tiredly mumbled against your plushy pillow. With all that fighting, screaming and crying, your body was overly exhausted. And unlike high school, you had to sleep when your body told you so. Especially since you have a baby inside you.

"Why?" The Joker whom laid behind you - spooning so close that the two of you were practically two ladles stuck together.

"You forgot you made an appointment for me to check if the baby is okay?" Your curious voice asked.

"..Oh right, yes. After that we will get an X-ray done on your shoulder to see if it's fractured. Just rest for now. I'll get you up soon." Hisoka distantly replied.

"Hisoka what's wrong?" You easily picked up that something felt off with him.

Pushing against you more, you felt Hisoka nuzzle his face deeper against your bruised neck. Feeling his hot breath smother your skin and his blinking eyelashes tickle your skin made you feel so at home. It reminded you of all the days you and him fell asleep together. He always acted and appeared to be such an emotionally detached person that lacked the ability to be vulnerable. Always being so cocky, witty, arrogant, mean, narcissistic and playful. But without fail, every time he laid in bed with you, he was an oversized muscular baby that clung onto you with such endearment.

21 years of age or 28 years, almost nearing 30, Hisoka's desire to hold you as if you were going to run away from him didn't change.

"I almost watched you get killed in front of me Y/n." You heard his muffled voice say as he tightened his arm more so around your waist.

Sliding your hand down to intertwine them with his own at your waist, "I'm sorry.."

Deciphering the intention behind your apology, Hisoka knew you were saying sorry that you got caught off guard and defeated by those two men. You were apologising for being weak. Which is the last thing that you had to do. You fought well. Extremely well. Better than most people by far.

"Next time tell me Y/n."

".. You keep things away from me too Hisoka." You defied with a sadden undertone, reminding him that you didn't forgot about what he said. That he was going to screw you over.

"I do it to protect you Y/n." His voice grew irritated, only because the thought of Kirari infuriated the hell out of him.

"I kept my issue a secret to protect you too. Maleeka needs at least one parent alive. What's the point of both of us dying." You low-key snapped back as you sat up and looked down at him. Eyes still throbbing.

Hisoka sat and glared back at you, "You could've just told me and we could've made a plan. We aren't dumb. You were being reckless to just go the second someone tells to meet them."

It was unaware of why it was happening, but there was tension building up. And as each verbal exchanged passed, it took another step further to have it escalate into a full blown fight.

"Being reckless? They are my friends as much as they are yours Hisoka. When I got a phone call telling me not to tell you anything because they have everyone hostage, obviously I'd listen because I had six lives on my hands. And you talk about communication and coming up with a plan. Why didn't you talk to me about Kirari? We could've made a plan and work around whatever you hiding from me about her!" Your voice trembled. You had such a stressful day, the last thing you wanted was to argue with this man that saved your life.

"2 lives." Hisoka corrected you after breaking eye contact.

"What?"

With a deep frown, Hisoka looked back at you. "You had two lives in your hands. Our unborn child and yours. To hell with everyone Y/n. It's not your responsibility to babysit them or run after them just because they can't handle themselves." Hisoka darkly commented.

It was obvious Hisoka was still immensely pissed off with his now ex gang. Angry at them, Kirari and himself.
Realising this wasn't only anger, but fear that Hisoka almost lost you and his child, you sighed out your irrational anger and wrapped your arms around his neck. Only to have him immediately hold you back ever so tightly.

 Only to have him immediately hold you back ever so tightly

"I'm not going to die for a very long time Hisoka. You know death doesn't stand a chance against me. I'm not weak." You timidly comforted.

Holding you tighter, "I know you aren't weak, but you aren't at your optimal health anymore Y/n. You need to understand you can't do everything by yourself like you used too doing."

And there it was. Another underlying issue. Hisoka just wanted to be involved in your life.

Deflating in his arms, you pulled away and kissed his lips after smiling warmly at him. "Okay. I promise I'll rely on you." You sympathised, wanting to dissolve this tension.

However, Hisoka still looked at you with creases stretching across his forehead. It seemed there was just too many emotions he felt right now to handle.

Abruptly, he leaned in and crashed his lips onto yours. It wasn't shallow and playful. It was deep and passionate. Hungry kisses that were filled with raging emotions that didn't know how to be expressed verbally.

While kissing you, Hisoka methodically made you lay back down by pushing his lips harder against yours.

"I could've lost you today Y/n." He richly whispered in between the kisses.

"I'm right here Hisoka.." You breathlessly whispered back by brushing your lips featherly against his before he aggressively encapsulated them again.

"I'll always be here.."

Moving away from your lips, Hisoka started to leave a trail of kisses down your jawline till he reached your neck.

It was enchanting as to how painless his bites and kisses are despite him being so aggressively fiery.

Normal people would press the breaks on where this physical encounter was headed. Especially if they just gotten stabbed, shot, whacked around, and had glass thrown in their eyes. But not you. Regardless of what you went through,Hisoka made you feel this euphoria. A high that felt better than the Aderell you used to abused.

This was also Hisoka's love language and how he releases pent up emotions. But you could feel his kisses were different. His body language resonated with yours - telling you that he was going to have you as if this were his last day with you.

"Always?" He heavily worded against your neck he ravished.

Lightly gripping onto his hair, "Always Hisoka.." You breathlessly replied.