Chapter 54

Wrapped in a towel and without your consent as usual, Hisoka carried you out the bathroom and gave you some privacy to change before keeping you company, alongside Maleeka till you dosed off into a deep slumber.

Maleeka was going to fall asleep with you but she eventually left to go to her room because she was under the impression that the spot next to you was where Hisoka was going to sleep. And she didn't want to intrude. However she was dearly mistaken. Hisoka wasn't going to sleep with you.

You and him weren't at that point of comfort anymore. A lot had to be done and spoken about to reach that level again. The last thing he wanted was for you to feel overwhelmed and uncomfortable with his presence. Yet alone sharing a bed with him.

And he wasn't even going to sleep anywhere in the room. Hisoka was going to leave you to be entirely alone. It was important you had your space after seven years living without anyone else but Maleeka. The next best thing to be close to you incase you needed assistance or something happened, Hisoka decided to sleep in the lounge not far from your room.

Getting ready himself at the hour of 11pm, Hisoka had a quick shower and brought his pillow and blanket downstairs to call it a night.

Laying down, he heard his phone vibrate. It was a message from Sebastian.

'Settled?'

'Yeah she's settled. Fell asleep an hour ago.' Hisoka typed back.

'You with her?'

Tiredly sighing, Hisoka stared at the message for a bit. Wondering how Sabastein always seemed to know the vibes between you and him.

'No. I'm laying down in the lounge. Her and I aren't like that anymore. She needs her space.' Hisoka answered his friend truthfully. It was with always Sebastian he could have these conversations Hisoka doesn't like having.

'Correction. It's not 'anymore', it's you and her aren't like that yet. She will come around. Y/n always does. She loves you after all..' Sebastian took the risk of typing the last bit. Knowing full well Hisoka will probably stop responding to him now.

Freezing, Hisoka reread that last line at least more than five times.

He just wasn't used to it..Reading it. Hearing about it. Thinking about it. Or even feeling love. It just wasn't his domain.

But surprisingly, Hisoka did respond.

'Before she got discharged, she told me that we need to talk.'

Reading that message, Sebastian immediately understood what Hisoka's intentions were behind that message. Nothing could go unnoticed by him.

'Stop stressing Hisoka. That talk won't be anything bad. She's still going to be around you after that talk. Y/n probably just wants to clear the air once and for all before moving on with you.' Hisoka read. Of course his several decade old friend instinctively knew what Hisoka was subconsciously patronised about, but was far too proud to admit.

Exhaling heavily, Hisoka placed his phone on the coffee table before closing his eyes in attempt to block out everything. He hated not being in control with everything. He hated the unknown. He hated stressing over things he never would.

And most importantly, he detested not knowing where he stands with you.

Sebastian was right. He was concerned about what you were going to say to him. And the number one running worrisome thought, was that you were going to say 'Thank you for everything Hisoka. But everything between us was a mistake. It's best if we live our separate lives. I just can't do this again with you.'