Chapter 72

Body feeling overly warm, you painfully opened your eyes. Although shade sought you relief for your face, around your body was baking in the morning sun.

"Ohhh, finally awake dearest mother." You heard your daughter happily hum.

Peering up, you saw she was holding an black umbrella over your face - the source of shadow.

"Oh damn. I forgot I fell asleep outside." You groaned as you tiredly sat up, taking the umbrella out of her hand to hold. Knowing she probably has been holding it for a long time.

"Thank you my baby." You squeezed her cheek in appreciative love.

"How long were you here for?"

"Maybe about two hours since daddy got up. He was going to carry you into the house, but I told him not too because you looked really comfortable. So I watched over you. I know the last thing you want is to look sunburnt on your face a few days before your wedding." The red haired explained, making you ghostly chuckle.

"Thank you! My face is the only thing I have going on for me." You commented with a sigh.

Stalling for a few minutes by chatting with Maleeka and letting your body slowly wake up. The two of you finally got off the trampoline together and walked towards the house door.

But to your confusion, you weren't allowed in. Stopped by Akira, you saw your luggage bags fully packed in front of her.

"What's going on?" You read the guilt and pity swelling noticeably in her countenance.

However she remained quiet, nervously twiddling her thumbs together.

"Akira, what's going on?" You asked once more. Unsure if Hisoka planned a surprise get away.

"I'm sorry Miss S/n.." She timidly mumbled, formally reverting back to your surname.

"Sorry about what? What's going on?"

"M-Mr Morow requested that you and Maleeka not stay with him for these next few days because important people are coming over soon. They announced their arrival unexpectedly. And he wants you to be safe from them." She explained.

"Next few days? Akira I'm marrying him in a few days." You deadpanned, still not comprehending everything that was just said.

"Yes I-I know, and you still will be. They will only be here for two days. So everything will go according to as planned. Not to worry." She kindly spoke to not create hysteria within yourself.

Although you kind of understood that there's just certain dangerous people Hisoka would fear for you to be around. It still partially stung you had to be kicked out temporarily. You would of been appreciative if Hisoka came to you and explained the situation like a normal adult. Not like this. Getting the housekeeper to kick you out was so unsophisticated.

"Where I'm I supposed to go?"

Growing more uncomfortable, "A-About that. Mr Morow was going to book you in a hotel because staying over with the other members would be too obvious. However, I'm afraid he was shoe laced because, had he made a transaction like that, the people that are coming over would know where you are staying. Again. He merely wants to keep you safe. Oath on my life, Mr Morow isn't cutting you off again. Just for these two days he wants to keep you void of these people. He did tell me to give you cash though." Akira attempted to convince and sugarcoat Hisoka's actions.

"But I only-"

Halting, your sentence trailed off into dead silence because you wanted to keep your humiliating issues to yourself. Obviously Hisoka mentioned he could give you cash, but you didn't want to take it for some reason. This time it felt like a handout. Even though you knew you were low on money.