Chapter 40

"Would you like to drive?" Hisoka asked, holding out the car key to unlock the car in front of you.

Looking at him a bit surprised, you lightly smiled. "Really? I don't think that's safe." You honestly admitted with an embarrassed blush.

"Driving is like riding a bike. You just can't forget, even through your amnesia. Besides, you used to drive a G-wagon. It should feel familiar to you." He stated, walking to the car.

Turning back around because you weren't moving, " It's automatic and plus the roads are straight. Don't worry." He pressed convincingly.

Rubbing the back of your head nervously, you unlocked the car and got in. "Why does it feel like you don't ever let me drive your cars." You humorously joked.

Smoothly closing his eyes, Hisoka partially smiled. Your subconscious was definitely activated and aware of the past even though your mind didn't remember. It had to be very soon until your memories come flooding back.

It seemed small and meaningless. But Hisoka was going to cover every small thing that might help repair this badly damaged relationship.

"I never used to let you drive my cars before when we were young. But I don't mind now because I trust you. Besides, by now you have a lot of experience." He casually replied.

"But your daughter is also in the car." You nervously protested.

Opening his eyes to look at you, "And I trust you with her too." He said.

And there it was again.. That look you unawarely gave him again. The same gaze and countenance from earlier when he declared his respect and loyalty to you.

'So having my trust was another issue..' Hisoka mentally acknowledged.

Thinking back, it made sense why trust was another painful factor that painfully affected you.

Back then, Hisoka had constantly questioned your loyalties towards him despite the generous number of gestures and explanations you had given him to never doubt you.

One memory in particular stood out. That evening he called you his enemies whore. Merely because he assumed you were romantically going out with Aizen.

Reflecting back on it, he could understand why something like that would deeply cut you. You were the furthest thing from being a whore. You had only slept with him, no other man. And even if you were with Aizen, that wouldn't make you a whore. A whore is basically a prostitute or a loose girl. Someone you definitely weren't.

Calling you that expressed deep mistrust in who you were as a person back then. Mistrust in your virtues and morals. And it especially indicated that Hisoka mistrusted your loyalty towards him. Something you were never capable of. You were loyal to Hisoka to the bone, but he had always treated you as if you weren't no matter what you did to prove so. A few days ago he had even mistakenly abused you physically because he thought you had betrayed him for another man. Not that he had any right over you because of your memory loss.

He was unfairly harsh on you. He had been always unfairly harsh on you. You are probably one of the only few people in his life that had unwavering loyalty to him despite his terrible nature. Even through amnesia, you still sided with him. Still wanted him.

Through every single painful moment of unfair mistrustful judgement and no apology ever given to you - you still carried on as normal. You pushed away the emotional pain he constantly inflicted on you far away, and went back to being kind and serving to him. Giving him everything he could ever want from you.