Chapter 6

With the days passing, the workload got unbearable to a point you were struggling to pick Maleeka up.

Driving by on a Thursday afternoon around 15:30, Hisoka noticed a red haired girl sitting by herself reading outside school. It was his daughter.

Finding it odd that she would still be here at this time by herself, Hisoka gave into the urge of wanting to talk to her again by pulling up.

Opening the passenger door automatically by the press of a button, Hisoka looked at her.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked.

Peeling her eyes  off the book, she looked sadly into Hisoka's eyes. "Waiting for my mother, but I doubt she's going to come anytime soon."

Feeling instantly pitiful and responsible, Hisoka let his emotions get the better of him. "Get in. I'll drive you to the hospital."

"Hm, talking to a stranger is one thing. Jumping into a strangers car is another." She resisted.

Arching his eyebrow in amusement at her, "I helped you with the elevator, I bought you ice cream and you fell asleep in my arms. I don't think you can call me a stranger that you don't trust. If I wanted to kill or kidnap you wouldn't you think I would have done it by now?" Hisoka teased rationally. Ironic he said that, because that was one of the first similar things he told you back in high school.

Pouting her lips in defeat, Maleeka got up and jumped into Hisoka's car.

"Predators take time to lure kids in by building trust. But, thanks I guess.." she muttered morbidly.

Analyzing her, it was clear as day that she is feeling depressed, and it wasn't solely about her mother not picking her up on time.

"What's making you so sad?" Hisoka decided to ask. He can usually ignore people's feelings and existence, but he just couldn't ignore hers. He just couldn't. What the hell happened to him these past 7 years.

"I miss my mother.." She vaguely replied.

"You miss her?" He coaxed her to elaborate.

"Yeah.. The people at work are making her work overtime everday now. When she does pick me up she has to go back to working immediately. She comes home extremely tired and sometimes during odd hours of the night they call her in for surgery. We were supposed to go last weekend to the vet because I wanted a pet but she couldn't make it. I feel like I make her life hard because she has to take me with her at night because she doesn't want to leave me at home alone. I think maybe if I wasn't born she wouldn't have to work hard all the time to better my life."

Not ready to hear such depressing words come out his daughters mouth, Hisoka couldn't help but stop the car and look at her. Did she just say maybe if she wasn't born?

He couldn't grasp how such a young person could think of such things. And knowing he is to blame for how things are in your life, made Hisoka feel even more crappy and guilty. Had they all been a family none of this would have happened. You wouldn't have to over work like you are right now to give Maleeka an amazing life because Hisoka could easily take care of that for the both of you.

"But I understand. I guess I am too attached to my mother because since birth I never left her side for a second. She told me that even during her exams she would write at university I was with her."

"But I do miss her and everything we used to do together. "

Lord have mercy, Hisoka couldn't bare seeing her this unhappy. Although he couldn't relate, he was uneasy at the fact that she missed you terribly and that things were slowly breaking between you and her. He felt like it was his  responsibility to fix this issue he indirectly created by getting you pregnant and kicking you out almost 7 years ago. What? Has Hisoka gone soft now?