Chapter 76

Caressing Maleeka's arm to make her fall asleep, you heard the doorknob quietly open. Looking at the door, you saw Hisoka emerge.

You stopped rubbing your daughters arm for a few seconds to put your index finger over your lips -Informing him to walk over quietly because Maleeka was still transitioning into a deep sleep.

Reverting back to affectionately rubbing your daughter, from the corner of your eye, you saw Hisoka walk behind you, and felt him cautiously get on the bed to lay next to you.

Having him come back and laying down next to you like this..Was enough to make you forget about earlier. You promised yourself after your surgery that you wouldn't hold grudges or waste time bickering over the past or mistakes. Life is too short.. You just wanted every moment with Hisoka to be happy and filled with affection.. You were really trying too not think about the past. Really trying.

Feeling his hand affectionately slide over your stomach again brought the butterflies back to life. However, when Hisoka inched closer to you - your heart dropped again, instantly killing the butterflies.

Sighing with an exasperated and defeated undertone. You rubbed Maleeka's arm for a few more minutes before turning over to face Hisoka.

"Can you take off your shirt?" You bluntly asked. Which confused Hisoka because there was no traces of flirtatious eyes or verbal intent You wanted to have sex with him right now.

With a vague frown, Hisoka sat up to take off his shirt - tossing it on the floor before reverting back to lay down next to you.

"Did it make you feel hot, or do you want to-"

"No." You cut him off abruptly.

"I just didn't want you to lay down next to me when you smell of another woman. That's all. No big deal." You casually brushed off. Definitely surprising, and catching him off guard.

"Y/n I-"

"No, there's no need to explain Hisoka. I'm not arguing about it nor mad about it. I just don't want her scent in my bed." You explained in a cool manner. Confusing him even more. You smelt that scent the first time he came earlier. So you had a bit of time to calm down.

'You aren't mad about another woman's scent on me?' He mentally repeated. Finding it extremely hard to believe that you would be okay with your future husband smelling of another woman. Or did that part of you change too? Did you not mind Hisoka 'cheating' on you anymore? Did you not mind because that's what you always expected from him? Expected it from him so you wouldn't ever have to be disappointed? Was that it? You merely thought poorly of him?

Or was it because you unconditionally loved him and desperately wanted to be with him that you would ignore all the red flags in a man.

Feeling his cheek being gingerly cupped by your soft hand, Hisoka withdrew from his dumbfounded thoughts.

"I trust you Hisoka." He heard you murmur assuringly as he saw you gaze affectionately into his eyes.

Although you mentioned he doesn't need to explain himself and you trust him, Hisoka still needed to scratch the urge to personally assure you.

"I'm not having any physical relations with any other woman Y/n. Her scent being on my shirt is really not as it appears to be. It's really..Complicated" Hisoka decided to vaguely say that instead of opening up and talking to you about the issues he's facing like a mature person.

Still sweetly smiling at him, you tenderly pulled his face closer to yours so you could kiss him. Shallow and sensual, then deep and slow.

Pulling away from the kiss, you buried your face in the dip of Hisoka's collar bone as you comfortably wrapped your arm around his back. "It's okay. Don't worry about it Hisoka." He heard you murmer.

'What the actual fuck?' Hisoka uncharacteristically cursed mentally. He tried to wreck every reason as to why you were so relaxed about something like this. First the wedding, second the living arrangements, now being okay with him smelling of another woman? Although he was telling the truth about him not having sex with another woman. He still couldn't grasp his mind around the fact you didn't care about this.

You didn't even bother to ask why was a females scent on his shirt if it wasn't sex?

Not that he would ever tell you there's a woman in his house that loves forcing herself onto him despite his resistance. Hence the scent on his shirt. But he at least expected you too question him. Get upset.

But this current Y/n just let things slide. As if you were trying your best to remain at peace with Hisoka despite the constant people that try and get in between you and him since high school.

Did you want him this bad? Hisoka found that hard to believe because you were so strongly independent. You didn't need him to keep you company or to raise a baby. Unless that side of you changed as well? The side that was now highly reliant emotionally, mentally and physically on Hisoka.

"What is going on with you Y/n?" He seriously asked.

In response, he felt your arm tighten around his back and your leg push to be in between his. Trying to have every inch of your body plush against his own.

"I just love you Hisoka.." He felt your words hit hot against his skin. Words that made him grow numb yet tingly within his chest at the same time.

The Joker still wasn't used to such words being uttered to him..

Creeping up from behind, Hisoka embedded and tangled his slender fingers within your soft hair and pushed your face even closer to his body. In response, he kissed the top of your head.

This unconditional love He was experiencing was different from your other. The other being, you get mad and get even with him, then forgive. But this love was oddly naïve. Purposely naïve.

Being obediently good, you oozed out innocence, yet fearful desperate, puppy dog love. Puppy love being, if a person had to abuse a puppy, the puppy wouldn't know any better because of it's immaturity and inexperience with humans. It would still be happy around it's owner and love him because that's the only type of affection the puppy knows.

Which made Hisoka ponder. Since all he ever did was constantly hurt you, did your mind alter itself into believing that's how he expresses his feelings towards you?

'All I do is damage you huh? Damage you yet still be selfish enough to want you to stick around..'

Hisoka realised his toxic pattern. He would hurt you, break that golden heart bit by bit. Then, he would do something small to express his affection and feelings for you. And you would fall for it hard, and cling onto his rare actions of affection. Ride that small wave of hope till the next heartbreak. A never ending cycle.

Just like tonight. He knew he hurt you badly by pushing the wedding to one month later, and keeping you out from a place that is supposed to be your home. But because he returned here and is now laying down with you, cuddling. All was forgotten and forgiven.

It seemed his underworld name was perfectly suited his love style.

Toxic.

'But you can handle it isn't Y/n?' He mentally cooed at you as he stroked your hair from behind.