Chapter 42

With Maleeka gone, and landed in Japan an hour ago. Hisoka decided to wait for you to get up on your own.

While waiting, Hisoka checked his phone that was flooded with offers for the liver he needed. But of course the process of checking whether people were being truthful with meeting the requirements was a tedious task to do.

After speaking with Illumi over the phone for a bit, Hisoka allowed him access to his profile so that Illumi could do background checks and weed out the chancers since gathering information about people was one of Illumi's specialties. Although he wouldn't mention it, Hisoka was grateful for the extra help. Going through thousands of offers would take longer than you had left.

Several times already, the heart machine Hisoka decided to connect to you beeped several times because it was below average. 40 beats per minute wasn't exactly assuring. Spontaneously it would drop to 30 beats per minute.

Finally giving in, Hisoka decided to get you up. Although he knew and truly wanted you to rest. Sleeping was far to dangerous now. At least if you were awake, you heart beat would naturally rise. 30 beats per minute was far to close to zero.

Sitting on the edge, Hisoka brushed your fringe tenderly away from your face. "Y/n.."

With a few stirs in your sleep, you finally woke up. And boy did you make Hisoka's heart stop in fear. Fear he couldn't show to prevent you from being alarmed.

Most of your sclera in your left eye was covered in blood. Obviously internally bleeding. And studying your right eye, there wasn't really haemorrhaging, but the sclera was more yellow than before. Signs that the liver failure was progressing further. This was happening too damn fast.

"What's wrong?" He heard you timidly whisper, slowly stretching out your limbs.

Forcing a smirk, "We landed an hour ago. I thought maybe it was time to wake you up." Hisoka light heartedly replied.

With excitement sparkling off your blood tainted eyes, "Really?"

Sitting up with happiness projecting off your voice, you cautiously took out the drips.

"Oh-h." You shakily whispered, holding your temples as your world spun dizzy for a few seconds.

Holding your shoulders, "Relax. Japan isn't going anywhere." Hisoka instructed, low-key glad to see life in you.

"R-right." You agreed. Trying your best to compose yourself.

"First, you are going to shower." Hisoka stated before effortlessly picking you up bridal style and started walking out of the infirmary.

"What-t? Why are y-you taking me then!" You squirmed in his arms. However it was futile, because Hisoka was far more powerful than you were. Sick or not.

"Because you are incapable of doing it yourself now. You can't even sit up without getting dizzy." He indifferently stated, still walking to the bathroom.

"N-no! That's not true. Medically speaking, even a normal person that gets up too fast will feel dizzy! I'm fine Hisoka!" You protested.

Peering down at you with an arched eyebrow. "Okay. Walk then." He deadpanned. Gently putting you down.

Holding onto his chest and looking up at him like some school girl that got into trouble, you slowly let go of his chest in attempt to walk.