Chaptee 55

With her tears drying up, she finally removed her face off his chest and broke the hug under his command that they should leave.

Walking a few feet, Hisoka halted and turned back again because he couldn't near any footsteps trailing behind him. Only an uneasy groan.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Frowning partially at her embarrassment and exposure, "I'm scared to walk down." She mumbled under her breath, hoping he didn't hear.

"There's nothing to be scared of. I own this portion of the forest. Nothing and no one is here." He tried to assure.

Not budging, Maleeka remained still and silent. Not wanting to confess she was afraid of the mental scenarios her mind made up of what could be lurking in the bushes. It didn't help that it was still partially dark and foggy.

Lightly sighing with a half hearted smirk, Hisoka extended out his hand for her to hold. Thinking about how soft and accommodating he has become just for the two females in his life.

"I won't let anything take you away." He decided to humour her. Instinctively knowing what the issue was. Despite the sensible conversations she can hold, Maleeka still was a young kid after all.

Nibbling the bottom of her lip with pride, she pacely huddled to Hisoka's side and glared up at him.

"It's still easy to snatch someone out of your hand." She dissatisfactory stated before extending both her arms up in the air. Indicating that she wanted Hisoka to carry her.

Arching his left eyebrow, "Are you scared or just lazy?" He questioned. Not really expecting an answer because he had already bent down to pick her up. Securing her bottom comfortably underneath his forearm. And the other behind her back. Genuinely making her feel secure and as if it would be impossible for anything to grab her into the darkness.

"Hn." She groaned, wrapping her tiny arms over his shoulders, and buried her face against the croon of his neck. Wanting the dark forest out of her vision. Amazing how fast she grew attached to her long lost father.

"Why do you even own so much land?" He heard her lowly murmur against his skin.

Concentrating on feeling her eyelashes brush against the side of his neck every few seconds, Hisoka closed his eyes - falling victim to his thoughts again.

The obvious reason was because it's always good to have several locations to hideout. Especially in his field of work. Furthermore, it could be used as pick up and drop off zones for contraband.

However, the subconscious reasoning behind his purchases were you.

Ever since he spent that snowy night with you in the cabin. Hisoka found himself wanting to buy off more land and build houses just so he could take you too them one day for whatever occasion or as a simple retreat. And just a few minutes away from his house, up in the forest was one of the other houses he built. If everything wasn't encapsulated by mist and darkness, Maleeka would've seen the house several feet behind her from the bench they were seated on.
He knew you were someone that loves nature and isolation with good company. Hence he built on your desire.
You wanted to be isolated near beautiful beach waters - house built.
Aesthetically dark green forest in par with the clouds? House built.
In snow?
Near a lake?
The highest building floor overlooking a bustling city? Overlooking a desert?
Overlooking a sea of flowers?
Any beautiful location the mind could think of, Hisoka built a house there just for you.
Well.. For the both of you.
The thought of laying in bed with you rested on his chest or shoulder overlooking the surreal beauty appealed immensely to him.

Going one step further - depicting the thought and emotions that went into it all. He made sure all the beds would be positioned in such a way that the first rays of sunlight to seep through the windows would kiss your skin first. Irritating you enough, so you would stir in your sleep, only to bury yourself more into Hisoka in aim of seeking refuge from the light.