Chapter 53

Standing against the front door of Hisoka's place. You grew silent and tense.

Feeling your demeanour radiate an uneasy aura, Hisoka turned around to look at you. "What's the matter?" He asked.

"It's.." You thoughtfully trailed off for a few seconds.

"It's just a bit..weird being back in your house now that I remember everything.."

Upon processing your words, Hisoka clenched his jaw subtly out of humiliation and frustration with himself. He would never forgive himself for kicking you out. It truly haunted him everyday.

Although nothing could change the past, the present could be filled with actions to try and rectify those mistakes if the person really cared.

And Hisoka did care.

Walking closer to you, the jester extended out his hand in front of you.

".. Would you like to stay with me? If not, I have an outhouse near the lake in the back if you want it. Or, I can get you your own house away from here. " He stated. Realising that he didn't even ask whether you would be okay with staying with him. He just drove you here.

The assumption was there because Hisoka didn't consider this house just his.

You have always lived with him.. He assumed this arrangement was standard.

Peeling your eyes off the spot you and Hisoka got into a hurtful altercation because of the pregnancy, you looked up into Hisoka's amber eyes. Contemplating.

But obviously the decision wasn't hard. You and Hisoka were parents of a child. A broken home was the last thing any child needs.

And of course, the most important reason. You love Hisoka. You didn't want to be apart from him even though things between the two of you were awkward and tense.

Half heartedly smiling, you shoved down your concerns and smoothly slipped your hand in his.

"I want to stay with you Hisoka." You murmured.

Feeling oddly relieved at your answer, Hisoka securedly enveloped his hand around yours before leading the way to a bedroom on the ground floor since walking up the stairs will exert too much strain on your new organs.

Laying you down on the bed, Hisoka slipped off your shoes and stacked up the pillow behind you so you could sit up comfortably.

"You don't.. have to. I can do it." You stammered. Smiling rather fondly at Hisoka's gesture.

Not really responding to you, you merely huffed humorously. "This prediction is ironic isn't it? Seven years ago I was the one trying to settle you down into bed after your discharge. I guess you finally-"

"Repaying the debt." Both of you simultaneously said. Completely in sync.

Holding your ghostly smile, "Thank you for this.." You timidly murmured.

"Are you hungry? Akira made dinner already." He asked, standing up right next to your bedside.

"I'll eat just a little bit." You replied.

Leaving and returning a few minutes later with a bowel in his hand. Hisoka stood next to, clearly contemplating about something in his head.

"Thank y..ou?" You said quizzically, confused as to why he didn't hand the bowl over to you.

From the bowl, Hisoka blinked blankly at you for a few seconds before sitting next to you on the edge of the bed.

Looking back down, Hisoka lifted up the fork with poise before bringing it just before your lips.