Chapter 46

Weakly fluttering your eyes open half way, you were greeted by the bathroom ceiling. Recalling what had occurred in the bathroom a good few hours ago.

"H-Hisoka.." You coarsely whispered, feeling a pair of strong arms around your body but with no face.

Removing his chin off the top of your head,  Hisoka's face swiftly appeared in your vision. Looking down at you with mixed emotions swimming in those yellow eyes. Concern. Relief. Despair. Affection. Fear and warmth.

"I'm still here Y/n." He answered with a low and tender undertone.

Smiling softly, you slowly brought your hands up to cup his cheek.

"I remember.." You murmured randomly.

"You remember?" Hisoka encouraged, a bit confused at your random statement.

Ghostly rubbing your dried blooded thumb across his star tattoo, You soulfully dazed into Hisoka's eyes.  "I remember everything..All my memories returned.." You whispered.

Realising what that meant, Hisoka couldn't help but grow partially stiff. Afraid that you might act out again. But those fears instantly dissolved when he stared longer at your frail smile and deathly blurred eyes.

"Thank you.."

"For what?" He asked.

"For treating me so kindly when I did lose my memories. You told me I came from a loving f-family. That I had no siblings. You protected me from the harsh abusive truths of my past. Y-you didn't take advantage of me at all.. You were always so hospitable and generous to me.."

Half smiling thoughtfully, Hisoka gingerly tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear. Another gesture everyone wasn't used too seeing from the joker. He truly was a different man to you.

"I owe you so much. That's nothing." He replied, causing you to lightly shake your head in disagreement.

"I owe you so much Hisoka.. Behind the scenes you paid for my university fees..Allowing me to make something of myself so I didn't have to struggle raising Maleeka as a nobody. Those 'bursary student allowances', helped me buy things for Maleeka and myself. In high school you helped me get off abusing prescription medication.. You gave Itachi a beautiful burial.. You opened your home for me too stay in high school ..Yesterday you dropped all your responsibilities just to allow me to fulfil my wish.. You have always taken care of me Hisoka..I have never thanked you for all that." You managed to say it all without coughing or weak stutters. But with rather deep sincerity that came from your failing heart.

"..And I'm so sorry.." You timidly whimpered.

"I'm so sorry for everything. For all the known and unknown times I hurt you..Upset you..or never appreciated you Hisoka..For being blinded by the things you did." You breathlessly continued to whisper.

Hearing you apologise for everything left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. Those who apologise this much meant death was near. That the victim could feel the walls caving in.

And Hisoka knew it too.

He wanted you to stop talking. To stop saying such unnecessary things to save your energy. And most importantly, save your life span. The more you sincerely spoke, the closer the Angel of death inched. Apologise to him tomorrow or next week. Not now..

It couldn't be goodbye.

But he left you to speak. Knowing how important it is that you got everything off your chest.

"If I could turn back time with you, I definitely would do it all over again with you Hisoka. I would've gotten to know you sooner in school just so I could be with you longer.. I'd s-spend more time creating good memories with you than fighting with you and resisting you..I'm so sorry that I always f-fought with you. I would take all the b-bad moments away..I wouldn't have stayed away from you for seven years..I should've said to h-hell with everyone and everything and fought for us to be t-together. To be family.."