Chapter 31

It was just passed midnight when the sound of your phone ringing and vibrating wildly on the bedside counter woke you up.

'Chrollo Lucifer.' It glowed.

"Hello?" You tiredly answered, eyes still closed.

"Y/n. I do apologise to wake you up. But do you think you can open the door."

Hearing that, your eyes snapped open. "Open the door? You are here?" You said, sitting up swiftly.

Getting confirmation, you quickly went to the bathroom to brush your teeth and fix your hair before opening the door. Definitely not unnoticed by Hisoka.

"Lucifer why are you here?" You whispered lightly.

Smiling, "Well, earlier you mentioned that you would love to go on a boat ride around Paris at night. And so, the next boat leaves in 10 minutes."

Looking at him rather shocked but touched at the thoughtfulness and remembrance. You truly didn't expect him to pay attention to your pointless rambling.

"O-oh I um.." Your flustered self fumbled linguistically.

"But I'm not dressed. And a lot of my skin is showing." Embarrassment laced your undertone after you analysed yourself.

Looking at you, Chrollo saw you had loose silk black shorts and a tight vest on. "Not dressed? You obviously not from here." He commented, not really seeing a problem with what you were wearing.

"Wear this then." He offered, slipping off his black formal blazer and draped it over your shoulders.

Instantly, you were hit with his cologne. Earlier you could smell it subtly, but now it was prominent. A cool scented masculine infused with subtle spicy musk engulfed every inch of you.

"O-oh thank you..I guess let's go then?" You said, trying your best to not show that having a piece of his clothing around you made you feel flustered. You might die soon, why not live spontaneously.

Closing the door for you, "Why would you take me now? There's always tomorrow night or so." You asked as the two of you began to walk down the lobby.

"I know. But as I said, I do pity you. And sleeping isn't for tourists. You won't be here for too long so we should make every second count no?" He sweetly replied.

Gently smiling at him, "You are right."

Waiting for a few seconds since the door closed, Hisoka got off the bed, put on some shoes and left. Instructing the guards to make sure no one goes in or leaves the room since his daughter was in there sleeping. After securing the room, he followed you unnoticed.

Since it was pin drop quiet, he heard the entire conversation. Having you go out with a guy after midnight you probably just met yesterday ticked him off. Not because he cared about what the hell you do and with who anymore. It was just because you were his responsibility. Or a burden to look out for as you would call it.

Comfortable.

You definitely looked comfortable around him. And him the same, judging by how much the both of you chuckled and smiled.

Walking on the bridge instead of trailing behind you, Hisoka watched from above and far as the gentleman held your hand in support of getting on the boat.

As it took off down the river, a subtle frown of annoyance broke out on his face. "Tch." He lowly hummed before walking back to the suite. Seems like the old Hisoka finally returned.