Chapter 64

Just like Hisoka predicated. You took Sasuke on as your patient. It's been two months since you started trail treatments.

Because of Sasuke, you started going back to work at the hospital. Some days you would treat him there, other days you would bring him over to stay. Reasoning being, because you wanted him to be comfortable and so you didn't have to be away from Hisoka and Maleeka for so long. Doctors hours were long. And if you didn't make that alter, you would be at the hospital for most of the day. 17 shift hours were no joke.

Hisoka did express his unhappiness about having you work. Yet alone work again after your surgery, but for the sake of not calling him controlling, he let you be.

Over these two months, you grew extremely close to Sasuke. But Hisoka wasn't worried about anything happening. He knew you saw Sasuke as your own. Maybe not child, but as a sibling you felt responsible to look after now that Itachi was gone. Ironic though, because Sasuke looked older than you by at least 10 years even though that wasn't the case.

"I'm going to bath now okay? You more than welcome to stay the night again." You gingerly whispered to Sasuke whom was laying on the couch with a drip attached to his wrist.

Carefully pulling out the drip and covering it out with a medical plaster. You squeezed his hand affectionally before standing up.

"You know." He tiredly murmured to stop you from walking away.

"Itachi was the one that told me to look after you. It feels..no. It is, the opposite way around isn't it?" He chuffed.

With a warm smile, "I am the doctor between us silly. But. If I ever need help for anything. You better be there mister." You motherly demanded while crossing your arms.

Closing his eyes humorously, "Of course." He answered.

"Rest now okay? If you want to leave, tell one of the drivers to take you." You instructed before heading upstairs to bath.

Wanting to spoil yourself tonight to relax from all the shifts you've been taking at the hospital and seeing to Sasuke. You filled the tub with hot water that was covered in lavender scented bubbles. And lit several candles around the bathtub and bathroom counter. All bathroom lights off.

This reminded you of the time you were pregnant with Maleeka many years ago. Every week, you would take out time to distress yourself from the pain and stress of wondering how you were going to enter motherhood with no stability or anyone by your side.

Candle lit bubble baths was definitely your mini paradise.

Slipping off your medical attire, you tied your hair up into a high bun and got in. Instantly sighing in pleasure from the hot water encapsulating your aching body.

Resting your head back on the edge of the tub, your soul instantly fell into long over due sleep.

However, your tranquility only lasted for 15 minutes because a voice interrupted your intimate time.

"Oh, rather romantic in here. Expecting someone I don't know about?" A sleek voice filled the steamy bathroom.

Slowly peering your eyes open, you saw Hisoka's golden irises looking amusingly at you. Finding it rather cute you fell asleep in here.

"Nope. This set up is just for me. Have to do things myself because you aren't romantic anymore." You teased.

Arching a surprised eyebrow, "How do I spoil a woman that's never at home hm?" Hisoka cheekily replied.

In response, you merely glared up at him.

Swatting his hand defensively at you, "I know, I know. I'm not telling you to leave your job. I'm just saying."