Chapter 60

Since everyone was taking the first poker game after several years extremely seriously. It dragged on.

Even Maleeka whom was leaning against your chest fell asleep through all the chatter and rowdy noise.

Peering down to your daughter, something around your heart dropped upon the realisation of everything Maleeka has been through.
And despite it all, she still remained quiet and understanding.

Thoughtfully sighing, "Fold." You stated out aloud, placing your cards down.

"What!?" Grimmjow choked on his beer.

"You're exiting? What happened to  proving Hisoka didn't help you back in high school?" Grimmjow enquired with sheer disbelief of your actions.

Being extremely cautious and gentle standing up - carrying Maleeka. You half-heartedly smiled at Grimmjow with a playful eye roll.

"You and I can personally play again together just so I can prove that to you. But right now I'm going to sit with Maleeka for a bit and put her to bed." You warmly stated, caressing her red locks with endearment.

"Fine, deal! But I still think you are chickening out." He teasingly remarked.

Chuckling lightly, "Oh Grimmjow, nothing about me has changed except for the fact I'm a mother now. I can still kick your ass any day." You egotistically replied.

Wishing goodnight to everyone, you made your way to the staircase. Ignoring the gasps and remarks being passed around the table.
At first you thought it was about you leaving. But it turned out to be for something else.

Just as you were about to attempt to walk up the stairs. You felt a smooth hand glide across your back - stopping to hold your waist.

Drawing your attention to your left, your eyes partially widened in shock to see Hisoka standing next to you.

"Hisoka? What are you doing here? You never leave a game of poker!"
Now you could understand why there was a big commotion behind you.

Standing there silently, Hisoka held your gaze for a few seconds before averting away.

"I folded. I'll take Maleeka up the stairs. You are not recovered fully yet Y/n." He curtly said. Void of any obvious emotions.

Pursing your lips, you blinked blankly at Hisoka. Trying to not let your heart fall for this man any more than it has. It was one thing to fall in love with Hisoka when he wasn't the best years ago. But now, being so kind and considerate..

That sunk deep.

"O-Oh okay.." You whispered, cautiously handing Maleeka over to Hisoka's arms.

Securing her body underneath his forearm and head comfortably rested over his shoulder. Hisoka began to walk up the stairs - effortlessly grabbing your hand to hold in the process.

"He's really changed hasn't he?" Grimmjow said. It wasn't only him, but everyone else attentively watched the three of you interact with each other. Still rather shocked Hisoka ditched a poker game where he always won, to go to you.

"Yeah. It's odd to see Hisoka's gentle side." Sebastian replied.

"You think he was always affectionate and gesturally kind towards Y/n years ago in private like how he seems to be now?" Orihime pondered out aloud.

Placing down his drink, Grimmjow chuffed amusingly. "They created a kid together. Hisoka had to be extremely affectionate and kind to get a woman like Y/n - miss academic excellence and virgin till marriage, pregnant." Grimmjow answered.