Chapter 37

Waking up first, Maleeka was surprised to see both her parents cuddled against each other asleep.

It was odd seeing affection given like this. She was so used to seeing the two of you attempting to kill each other, yelling, not really talking, or just tolerating each other. After your memory loss, you and Hisoka got along, but the actions were merely friendly.

But this time, the feeling that filled the entire room from the two of you sleeping like that together was..Love.

"Was this how the two of you were in high school?" She distantly whispered.

Although for the entire time Maleeka had never said anything, she could never forget what she heard during that fight. The fact that she was a mistake, and the reason her parents 'broke up' was because of her existence. It was a tough pill to swallow. Even bigger for a small kid.

So seeing the two of you in each other's arms again made her feel light again. The energy she saw radiate from that prom picture taken many years ago, was a similar energy that she got right now.

"Mm, I should get these two to sleep together in the same bed more often. I wonder if they realise they are cuddling together." Maleeka deviously thought.

As much as Maleeka wanted to be apart of that cuddle, she had a feeling that the two of you needed this time together alone undisturbed more than anything right now.

So after taking a sneaky picture of the two of you on your phone, Maleeka quietly got off the bed to go to the bathroom.

After another an hour or two, the two of you woke up in the most classic way ever. The ringing phone.

Frowning a bit because this felt too familiar and you were 'tired' of this constantly happening, "Hisoka your phone." Your half asleep self informed.

Hearing the phone vibrate aggressively on the bedside, you murmured again. "Hisoka." You deadpanned.

Peering to her side, Maleeka found the interaction rather cute. You ended up somehow sleeping over Hisoka's entire body. Legs in between his, arms either side of his torso, and your head rested in the croon of his neck. She truly loved seeing her parents together like this.

She always wished to have two parents all affectionate and happy with each other like she saw on TV.

Even long before she met Hisoka, growing up, she always dreamed about having those father-daughter relationships like in the movies or what she sees in the parks. But of course Maleeka never wanted to make you feel bad or upset you at the mention of being fatherless.

You were always enough for her. But she was still a kid that wanted what everyone else had.

"Oi.." You groaned, tapping his cheek lightly.

Slowly peering open his eyes half way, Hisoka let out a tired but irritated sigh. Contemplating why he put his phone back on after his shower.

Extending his left hand to the table because his right was comfortably holding you. Hisoka answered the phone.

"Yes?" His deep silky voice boomed smoothly.

Feeling your body drop with his second sigh expelled from within the chest, you could tell that he was partially annoyed with the usual work nonsense.

"Okay." Hisoka curtly replied before cutting the call and calling another contact.

"Sebastian. There's an issue at my club. Can you sort it out?" Hisoka asked rather than demanded.

He didn't see his inner circle as his members that work for him anymore. He respected them enough to call them his friends now.

"If you can't, it's fine. I'll sort it out." He added, feeling rather generous this morning.