Chapter 12

Over a period of several weeks, you remained in the company of Yami's, whilst Maleeka continued being more distant with you - unknowingly because she spent most of her time with Hisoka.

Clocking out of work at 10:30, you decided to visit Yami at school because you knew around this time it would be recess.

"You free?" You asked, leaning on the doorframe of his classroom.

Finishing the last bit of his cigarette, Yami stood up from his chair. "For the whole day. Thank God. This was my last lesson for the day." He answered.

Lightly chuckling, "I don't understand why you still teach if it annoys you so much?"

"I'm merely lazy and prefer not to do anything. But I genuinely don't mind teaching these brats." He casually spoke as he walked towards you.

"Hey, ease off on what you call your students! Anyways, I wanted to know if you hungry." You hinted.

"I'll never say no to food." He murmured through his yawn as his stretched out his tiredness. Stretching that definitely probed you too avert your gaze from his ripped muscles methodically moving - creating such mesmerising dents and dimensions. It was unorthodox to imagine such a lazy and relaxed man being a beast in any physical activity, meaning gyming.

"But let's not go out. I'm sure you tired of take outs and doing the cooking. We can go back to your place. You rest, and I'll make something for us to eat." He casually offered, making you unnoticeably blush.

"U-Uh, sure we can do that. Can you drive too? I am tired of driving too." You rubbed the back of head in embarrassment.

Lowly grunting in amusement, Yami extended out his hand to coax you into giving him the keys in agreement to your request.

"Thank you." You muttered with relief.

You may not have known, but Yami knew and heard the whispers that spread throughout the town. A teacher and his student. Ex student people seem to be forgetting.

It low-key annoyed Yami when he heard that people started making up rumours about your marks and graduation. Saying it makes sense why you always did so well - implying that he was either lenient with marking your work, or because he gave you access to papers before hand. But the worst of it all, was the fact that people thought that on the down low, he permitted you to graduate without writing finals - which is what permitted you to get into university. You were a hard worker and you still are. People should acknowledge your intelligence correctly.

Immaturely, most of the silly gossip came from the teachers at school that remembered you. The students you shared the grade with didn't seem to really care. If anything, whenever they bumped into you and Yami together, they would merely smile and mind their business.

Pulling up at your drive way, Yami peered over to the passenger seat and saw you were fast asleep. Head against the window.

Switching off the engine with a humoured sigh, Yami cautiously opened the passenger seat to carry you out.

"Still overworking yourself till this very day huh?.." He deeply grumbled as he secured you comfortably in his arms.

Clenching his jaw, envy and rage bubbled in Hisoka's core as he watched Yami carry you inside from the car. Ever since that incident in the park, Hisoka has been unawarely stalking you. Watching your every move when he wasn't with Maleeka. Each day he physically saw how you and Yami grew closer. The lunches, the dinners, the late nights he would come over to your place after Maleeka was asleep. He was there, observing very closely through the windows of your house. Definitely a psychotic stalker. Toxic much.