Chapter 61

His hair was fairly long, till his cheeks. A chunk of his side bangs covered his left eye. Unlike Itachi, Sasuke didn't have any long eye lines running from his tear duct. That had to be the only difference to call out the brothers. Everything else, the black gentle, but hard eyes, the facial structure, the nose, the height, almost everything was identical.

Oh, how this made your heart ache but low-key rejoice to 'see' Itachi again.

Both standing there awkwardly still, you gulped dryly before forcing yourself to walk forward incase Sasuke might not know who Y/n was because there were many people in the house right now.

"Sasuke?" You meekly called out.

Focusing his eyes on you, with unreadable countenance and undertone, "Are you Y/n? Doctor S/n?" He asked.

"Y-yes I am." You stiffly acknowledged.

Noticing he looked around, you figured he probably wanted to privately talk away from others. So you motioned him to follow you to the kitchen that was away from the others, but still in view of them in case Sasuke came here with other intentions.

With Maleeka still in his arms, Hisoka decided to sit down on the couch that faced the kitchen clearly to watch You and Sasuke. Being alone with a man was enough to alert his senses. Being alone with a male stranger was enough to trigger everything within him.

"We not going upstairs?" Maleeka leaned back to look at her father.

"Not right now. Later." He indifferently stated. Far too focused on you and Sasuke sitting next to each other on the kitchen bar stools.

"So..Why did you seek me out?" You timidly asked. Trying your best to not let your tense self make this difficult to communicate. Nor your view of Sasuke as Itachi put you in a daze.

"You were my brother's lover?" He bluntly asked. Almost making you choke on air. But thankfully you never. You were used to that question after all. It was just surprising to hear Sasuke say that as his first question.

And to your relief, it seemed Sasuke knew Itachi was late because he spoke in past tense. 'Were' instead of 'are'.

"N-No. we were just amazing best friends. Lived together for a few years and schooled together. He was like my, family.."  You whispered the last part uncomfortably because you knew the issues between Itachi, Sasuke and family in overall. The last thing you wanted him to hear was the word family.

However, judging by his lack of reaction. The word family didn't seem to bother him. But then again, you barely knew this man. He could be another Illumi that lacked the ability to express.

"I see. Well, we can talk about Itachi another time. I don't want to take up too much of your night. I sought you out because I heard you became a doctor because of my brother. You wanted to treat him. And you are now one of the best doctors' and surgeon around despite the lack of experience in years." He said, neither in praise nor stoic.

Not wanting to blow your own horn or jump to conclusions just yet, you merely acknowledged that you became a doctor for Itachi, however it was too late.

"Dedicating your life's work for one person tells me you are good at what you do, and will go as far as necessary for someone." He added.

"Unfortunately, I might have acquired the disease Itachi had. My chest aches and I constantly cough out blood. My left arm is another issue on its own. I'm starting to lose most feeling in it. It's growing incapable of use. I was hoping maybe you could help me." Sasuke finally revealed the real reason why he came.

Hearing that Sasuke might have the same disease his brother had, made you feel nauseous and light headed. It was like watching history repeat itself. And the fact that Sasuke looked like Itachi triggered your sense of duty to help him.