Chapter 71

"For a man that's expecting another baby and who is also getting married You don't seem overly happy." Sabastein commented as he took a seat on the kitchen bar stool - accompanying Hisoka for a late night drink. Coffee and hot chocolate - nothing ever changing from high school.

"She only wants to spend time with Maleeka. What must I do." Hisoka tiredly replied back.

Studying the Joker's body language, Sabastein could see how genuinely bothered by your behaviour. And him sharing what's been going on confirmed his analysis.

"These past four days she's only been spending it with Maleeka. Every hour. Even now sleeps in the same bed as her at night or during her naps. I don't mind that, it's the fact that she's acting even more distant towards me. Like I don't exist." Hisoka in differently said as his eyes peered down onto the lawn where you and Maleeka were camping out underneath the stars on the trampoline.

Sighing lightly, Sabastein placed his coffee down and softly smiled. "Stop worrying. You reading too much into it. She doesn't love you less like you thinking. Y/n is merely latching and familiarising herself again with Maleeka." He explained

"Latching?"

"Yes. When Y/n was pregnant, all she had was Maleeka. Even after her birth, all she had was still Maleeka. She gets support and comfort from her. So for this pregnancy, she's latching onto the only support she knows. Your daughter is her safety net and what keeps her going. I don't think she realises it herself." Sabastein assured.

"..."

"Why don't you try and get her to open up to you?"

Closing his devilish eyes to block his vision from you, Hisoka sighed in a defeated manner.

"I don't have it in me to force her to do anything for me anymore. If she doesn't want too, then so be it." Hisoka uncharacteristically answered.

"Oh my, I wouldn't say softened, but you truly have matured when it comes to Y/n. The old You would've forced her long ago."

Hisoka peered open his eyes narrowly back again, watching you smile dearly at Maleeka as you and her chatted away. Chest growing uncomfortably tighter.

"Yeah, and see where the old me got me with her." The red haired commented with a snark undertone.

"As I said, she's probably in her own world and doesn't realise her actions are distancing the two of you. Make your presence known by just involving yourself. Like right now, just go down there, lay behind her and talk. She needs to know she's not alone anymore. Be kind." Sabastein encouraged his closest friend. And what a true friend the butler really was. Because only good friends would encourage you to pursue what makes you happy. Not try and ruin things and plant evil seedlings to manifest in the mind like Hidan did.

"I'll leave you to decide. See you later today for the meeting." Sabastein understood the social cue and space boundaries by leaving the mansion.

"Tsk.." Hisoka groaned indifferently at his friend that was right. It wasn't that he was forcing himself and his way onto you. He was merely going to let you know he's there too, and spend time with you like a normal partner would want too.

Making his way outside to you, Hisoka kept replaying Sebastien's words like a mantra to push him to do this. He did have a lot of practice with you, but the pregnant you, he didn't know what actions would be considered kind.

Maybe this distance wasn't solely your fault, Hisoka was also subconsciously afraid to ruin this pregnancy experience again. Hence he never bothered to intrude the content bubble surrounding you and Maleeka.