86

"Relax dear, your anger is starting to show." You humorously commented whilst knitting a tiny blue woollen beanie.

Entering your last trimester, the nesting phase began. All you could think about doing was creating a beautiful nursery and knit baby clothing. Even now at 6pm outside near the pool with everyone gathered. Going about their own business, socialising.

It wasn't any special occasion for everyone to come over and have a cook out on the grill. It was just a weekly gathering everyone seemed to enjoy on the weekends.
Some weekends it would just be a simple visit for a few hours, game night or movie night. Not everyone would come obviously and understandably so. But there was always someone.

The bond between everyone seemed to have deepened ever since the wedding.
Everyone else except Illumi left the mafia. He joined his family's empire. It just wasn't the same without Hisoka being their leader anymore, and to be honest, there was no need to be in it anymore. They all made enough money to last a lifetime. Their commitment was deeply tied to Hisoka when they realised within the first month of working, it felt weird and unnatural when they tried to follow Sukuna's lead. So they all left and got normal jobs to pass the time. Jobs, that surprisingly suited them.
Besides, it wasn't a big deal because Sakuna had his own crew.

Sebastian ended up opening his own fine dining, high-end restaurant.
Uta finally opened his own tattoo parlour.
And Grimmjow, best suited to his character that loved rowdiness and violence, opened up his own bar.

"It's hard to relax when I constantly see my daughter hanging out with It." Hisoka muttered in a low and annoyed manner whilst looking at Killua and Maleeka play innocently in the pool.

"I thought you were coming to terms with this. And you promised you wouldn't interfere." You said with an amused smile.

"I did. And I'm not. But there's no need for them to hang out almost every weekend." Tone, growing more agitated.

"My love, Sarada will be here soon with Sasuke and Sakura." You tried to comfort him with the idea of another girl hanging out with his daughter and Killua.
Fortunately, just like you wanted, Maleeka and Sarada became good friends because you would constantly invite Sasuke and Sakura to form that close bond. Eventually, over the months, it got to a point where the 3 of them could randomly pop by because they felt like it.

Sighing exasperatedly, Hisoka reluctantly took his eyes off Killua and looked at you. "Can't you call her to help you in the kitchen or something in the meantime?" He asked.

You stopped knitting to look at him with an arched eyebrow. "Help me in the kitchen with what?"

"I don't know. Can't you go make potato salad with her or something for the food later. Something that will take a long time."

Now crossing your arms with a humoured - unimpressed look you gave him, "You are telling your 8 and a half month pregnant wife to go stand in the kitchen to make potato salad? Have you seen how swollen my feet get sometimes!" You said.

"Yes." He deadpanned.

"Hisoka!" You yelled, smacking his arm in disapproval before you picked up your knitting needles and continued - showing you weren't going to listen to him.

"I mean no. You can just sit in the kitchen and just tell her what to do for you."

Side eying him, you sighed before putting the needles back down.

"Is it really that bad today?" You asked, referring to his discomfort and irritation levels towards Killua. To be fair, Hisoka has been very patient, open, accepting and understanding of the two. But it was understandable why, as a protective father, it would get to him sometimes regardless of how hard he was trying.