Chapter 62

After 30 minutes passing. Hisoka finally went upstairs in search of you. Expecting to find you in Maleeka's room or yours, it took Hisoka by surprise to see you freshly laid underneath his blanket.

'That's right.. We are, 'together' now." Hisoka thought as he walked closer to the room.

After taking a mini detour to the bathroom, Hisoka sat on the edge of his side of the bed. Taking off his shoes, and just like he always did out of habit since he was young, he slipped off his shirt and effortlessly tossed it to the end of the bed.

"You want to talk about it?" He lowly asked as he took off his watch and earrings and placed it on his bedside table. These actions and words genuinely made this atmospheric vibe feel like a mature couple that has been married for years and currently hit a rough patch where the other spouse needs comfort. It felt oddly...Nice and meant to be.

Having you in his bed for the first time again after years definitely evoked nostalgia and contentment within Hisoka.

No more imagining you were next to him.

"I don't want to help him anymore." He heard you mumble.

Slipping underneath the covers, but still sitting up -leaning against the headboard, "Why not?" He asked.

"..."

".. He's married to Sakura."

Remembering the issues you went through with her in high school, he could understand the change of heart.

Lightly tugging your shoulder back, Hisoka made you turn around so he could get you to lay on his chest. Comfortably, you draped your left leg over his, high up his thigh. Enjoying how calming his strokes on your hair felt. The level of comfort and maturity the two of you seemed to have was indescribable. In the past, there wouldn't be a day that would go by where you and him wouldn't have had sex. But now. A whole day almost passed. The entire day you and him were alone, which created the perfect opportunity to have sex. But nothing. Even now, laying in his bed, instead of doing it. You laid peacefully in his arms as you unpacked your burdens onto him. And Hisoka was genuinely listening.

Life definitely matured the both of you. Heavily aged. Far beyond the ages of 25 and 28. Maturity was bound to kick in at some point.

Everything needed to happen, the good and the bad, just so you and Hisoka could reach this level of mental and emotional connection. To have an intellectual conversation. To be able to unwind and distress together in other ways other than sex.

"I'm I a bad person for this?" You asked.

Closing his eyes, taking in your fruity scent that smelt so insanely edible. "No." He answered lowly.

"Sakura did try to ruin your life. Strip away your freedom by threatening to send evidence of your mothers death. Stripped away your time with Itachi. Tried to ruin your education by having you lose your scholarship. You are angered and defensive because you don't know if she has an ulterior motive again."

Hisoka took the words straight out of your mouth. Damn, it really helped to have someone who just knew exactly what you were feeling and failed to put into words.

Peering up at him with glistering eyes through the darken room only lit by the bedside lamp. "Exactly..."

Now gently cupping your jawline, Hisoka gingerly caressed your cheek with his thumb as he held your gaze.

"But you do know, you don't have to worry about anything like that occurring again. She won't do anything to you because everyone knows you under my care." Hisoka stated with influencial power lacing his words.