Chapter 67

Walking outside, Hisoka stopped by the mini garden bridge that needed to be walked over to enter or exist the main house entrance and peered down at you and Maleeka.

It was rather an aesthetically pleasing cliché sight of you in Hisoka's eyes.

You had on a white summer dress that came to your knees, denim shorts secretly hiding underneath to shield your jewels from the guards when you bent over. Your long hair was plated and separated on either side of your shoulders.
And protecting your beautiful face, was a summer straw hat. Pairing with red garden gumboots.

But to make things cuter, Maleeka was in a blue jumpsuit with a white inner. Her braids, and red boots that matched the colour of her hair.

Both mother and daughter gardening. Well, Maleeka was more in the actual garden soil than on the edge digging up the existing plants.

"Had I known my front garden was going to be destroyed by you, I definitely wouldn't have opened my home to you again." Hisoka amusingly commented to get your attention.

Pushing your sun hat up to look up and have Hisoka in your view, you mischievously narrowed your eyes at him in playful annoyance.

"It looks bad now because it's a mess. I promise it will look amazing in the end." You assured.

"How come you are at home today?" Hisoka let the garden topic go to tackle the serious question.

Shoving the small spade harder than usual into the soil, "Because I took time off from work." You answered rather on edge.

Picking up on your tensed body language, Hisoka released a light sigh before sitting down in the garden next to you. Not really caring for the dirt.

"What's wrong Y/n?" He seriously asked. Knowing full well that you don't take time off from being a doctor because that meant you having to stop helping others in need. He knew you as someone far too passionate for patient care to just want to take time off.

Shoving the spade deeper into the soil so it could stand up right on its own, you took off your sun hat and heavily sighed.

"I'm just stressed and uncomfortable Hisoka." You began to unpack.

"About?"

"The wedding. Trying to get my hours and surgeries done at work and focusing on wedding preparations is just stressing me out. Don't get me wrong. The stress coming from the wedding is happy stress. But I'm overworking at work to make more money because I don't feel comfortable spending yours."

"And if I could help it, I'd just sign the wedding certificate right here in this messy garden with you and Maleeka because a massive wedding is just...A lot. And your home is so big! Inside and out. The amount of stuff it'll take too convert it into a wedding venue and chapel is hectic!" You released all your long over due stress onto Hisoka. But just like a month ago when he first proposed, he only smirked at you with soft eyes. Attentively listening.

Humming thoughtfully, "I was wondering why I didn't see any money being used from my account this entire month despite seeing things being bought and built." Hisoka said that more to himself than to you.

Sighing for you, Hisoka gently took your hand to hold in his. "Then why don't we just sign the marriage certificate right now? Weddings are for guests anyways." He suggested with ever so much warmth oozing off his voice.

Definitely melting at his sweetness, you shook your head in disapproval. "No! I can't have you being so sweet and understanding about this! Or encourage that! Only god knows how many guests are invited, or inviting themselves. And preparations have already been made by Orihime too. We can't just cancel that. Everyone is expecting this wedding to be massive because of your title. I don't even know what I'm going to wear!" You faffed frantically, squeezing his hand.