Chapter 65

"W-What?" You confusingly muttered. Not believing that you just heard Hisoka say husband.

Wiping your tears away because it badly blurred your vision. Your new heart pained from the shock and overwhelmed feelings that suddenly gushed through and flooded your system.

"H-Hisoka?" You timidly called out. Constantly looking back at him and his fingers every few seconds. Unsure if this, or him was real.

"Y-you.."

Tears of sorrow instantly got replaced with tears of happiness but shock.

"It's a-It's a..."

"It's a ring." He smoothly finished your sentence, seeing that you are far too emotionally overdriven to talk or comprehend everything.

"H-How? I've had this necklace since y-you gave it to me. H-how?" You hiccuped through your disbelief and tears.

"When I gave this necklace to you in grade 12. The ring was already inside Y/n." Hisoka confessed this massive agenda and secret be withheld for so many years.

Bringing your hand to cover your parted shocked lips, you looked  back down to stare at the beautiful princess-cut diamond ring.

"I also overheard the conversation between you and Sasuke that night by the pool. And all I have to say about that conversation is;

You don't need to want to be someone special to me. You never needed to be, because you were already, and still are someone special to me."

Rephrasing you and Sasuke's words, "If I was just wildly young. And if you were just another whore's legs I managed to spread. At such a young age. I would have never been so sure that I wanted you to be my wife Y/n."

Oh the last part...

The way Hisoka's few words made your heart drop to your stomach.
Everything just felt so surreal. There was no way this was happening right now...
Hisoka, ring, husband, wife? No. Never. Hisoka isn't someone of serious commitment.

But here he was..
Confessing to you that since high school, he was sure about you being his. Being his wife.

Not girlfriend. Not a fling. Not a potential What if. But his wife..

For so many years since the beginning of you and him, you constantly questioned yourself. Questioned the value he had for you. Convinced yourself that you weren't anything special to him. That you weren't his type.  That at minimum best, You were just someone Hisoka was fond of.

But for all these years, you carried a wedding ring around your neck because Hisoka was sure of you. Because he genuinely found you as someone special in comparison to other women..

How could you ever utter a single bad word about Hisoka after finding this out.

Nodding your head as more tears streamed down your face. You elevated your hand from the water, and aggressively shook as you inched your hand closer to the ring. Still in sheer disbelief.

"Hisoka, I'll l-love to call you my husband.." You whispered through your crying, gradually slipping your hand more towards the ring.

Meeting you half way, Hisoka effortlessly pushed the ring down your finger.

Seven years later and somehow the ring was still the perfect fit.

Staring down at your hand, admiring the hypnotic diamonds, your thoughts and heart fluttered wildly. From thinking he was going to leave you, a few moments later, You have a ring on your finger that's bounding you to him forever. The Joker truly knew how to play at a woman's heartstrings.