Chapter 8

Picking up the phone that he kept trying to ignore three times, "What is it?" Hisoka annoyingly asked. He really wasn't in the mood to be disturbed by anyone today.

"Sir, there's a little girl named Maleeka by the gate. She says she knows you. Should we let her in?" His security guard questioned.

Getting up from his seat almost instantly to look out the window, Hisoka suddenly felt partially alive but nervous for some reason. Imagine, a mafia leader feeling nervous because of a little girl.

"When an opportunity arrives it's up to you to either reject it or embrace it."

'Tsk Sabastian sometimes..'

Well it's not like he can reject this. It'll just be point blank mean and he was intrigued to know what she wanted.

"Yes." He instructed.

Not really letting her walk the entire driveway herself, Hisoka went outside.

"Holy smokes! This is your place Hisoka?!" He heard her cutely scream down the other end of the driveway. Trying her best to make it up.

Until both of them met at the middle, Hisoka peered down at her curiosily. "Aren't you supposed to be at school?" He questioned.

"Well yeah, but as you can see I'm not. I decided to ditch school to see you." She honestly admitted.

Arching his slender eyebrow at her, "See me?"

"Yeah! I wanted to thank you for taking care of my mother's work. Her and I had the most amazing week ever! It really made me happy. Thank you Hisoka." She sincerely said while looking up at him with the most appreciative but kindest eyes.

For some reason he felt good inside. Almost slightly cheerful. He made his daughter happy?

There was happening again. His frozen world gradually began melting.

"Guess you owe me." Was the most normal, non-mushy response he could think of in this situation. Similar again though wasn't it? The first time you and him ever spoke properly was in the ladies restroom at a restaurant seven years ago, Hisoka mentioned how you owe him.

"Owe you? Excuse me are you forgetting I am your queen! You live to help me. Like for example, it would be nice if you could carry me up the remaining driveway. I mean it's beautiful and I'd love to run up and down it, but I just walked from school to your place, my legs are tired!" Maleeka complained.

Smiling with subtle warmth at your boss like attitude, Hisoka ended up giving into her demand and picked her up. '' Are you not going back to school?" He asked.

"Nah it's too late now."

"Too late? It's only 8 am. Lessons for you only started now. If I drive you back it'll only be 08:05. Definitely not too late." Hisoka outsmarted her.

Pouting, Maleeka crossed her arms tightly and glared at the Joker.

"Hisoka." She deadpanned.

Laughing lightly, "Okay, okay. If you get into trouble at school or with your mother, don't you bring me up. That, I will not take the blame for."

Now grinning wide, Maleeka wrapped her one arm around his neck for balance. "I know to keep you a secret. I doubt school will have a problem with me not being there. Kids are absent all the time. Besides I'm too good for kindergarden anyways. As for my mother, well, if you let me use your phone, I'll phone her 'after' school and tell her I'm going to my friends house "

" U-uh but of course if you have to work or got plans then you can take me back to school now or before 14:00." Maleeka quickly remembered to not be an inconvenience.