Chapter 39

"Hisoka."

"Hm?" He hummed in acknowledgment whilst keeping his eyes attentively on the road as he drove.

"Are you also into.." You trailed off, glancing at the back seat to see if Maleeka was paying attention. Fortunately not.

"..Prostitution.." You whispered partially uncomfortable.

Eyes still glued to the road, Hisoka exhaled heavily as he leaned back deeper into the driver seat. "No Y/n."

"After having Maleeka, I couldn't gall down the fact of using women like that. Every women is someone's daughter." Hisoka surprisingly responded with such in-depth maturity.

Feeling somewhat relaxed too know you weren't in the presences of a pimp. You contently sighed.

"That's actually sweet.." You stated.

"So.. You not actually a clean businessman? You-" You cautiously lingered.

"Supply illegal firearms, contraband, oil, diamonds, gold and  super vehicles. I also run an underground trade market and casino."

Glancing over at you with a soft smile, "But I really do own several clean businesses all over. Hotels, clubs, fast food joints and majority shareholder in a lot of businesses around the world."

Holding his mischievous eyes, "Well, now it makes sense why you so rich. I guess..well done? I mean you should be proud you are successful in life. Even if it is through illegal doings." You tried to be casual about it.

"Say.. Did the old me know about you like this?" You curiously asked, since there was more than just murder to Hisoka.

With his eyes growing distant in thought, reminiscing the past, "Yes you did." He replied.

".. Can I ask you something?" You timidly asked another question. Still unsure about how to feel about Hisoka's profession.

Looking at the rear view mirror and seeing the straight road was clear from anyone, Hisoka slowed down and closed his eyes for a bit. Already knowing what your question is going to be. It was inevitable.

"In the underworld, I'm known as the Joker. You are one of the reasons why I am where I am today. You helped me. And it's the first time that a woman made an impact in the underworld, yet alone a woman being seriously at my side - doing my bidding. That's why people call you the Joker's girl. They think we're together like that.." He somewhat trailed off the last sentence.

Blinking blankly at him, "A woman being seriously at your side? What did I do to help you?" You curiously asked.

"..."

"I'll tell you about that some other time. Not now." He curtly replied, glancing back at Maleeka, to indicate he didn't want to reveal anything with her being around.

Understanding immediately, you nodded in agreement and returned back to try and relax in your unbelievably comfortable seat. Although it was just a car, the G-wagon was comfortable enough for you to practically live in it. Luxury and wealth really did have its perks.

"Are you uncomfortable around me now? Scared?" Hisoka asked again. He didn't know why he had to keep checking with you about this.

Glancing at him and back at the road, you let out a shaky chuckle, "Well. No. Sorta? I mean I don't think I am. I think I just need time to process all that information you know? But yeah...I don't think I am uncomfortable around you.."

Although your answer wasn't exactly perfect, Hisoka was somewhat relieved that you didn't reject everything he did with detest.

In attempt to bring the light heartedness back despite him being subtly stressed that he was still in Paris with people that probably wanted him or you dead, Hisoka slowed down even more and averted his gaze onto you. "Prove it." He teasingly stated.