Chapter 34

"Mum.."

After hours, Hisoka woke up to the soft voice of his daughter calling you. Peering open his sleepy Amber orbs, he saw Maleeka standing next to your bed side, holding her limp brown Teddy bear.

Once again, in moments of her vulnerability, she called you by the mother title.

Rubbing the sleep away from her eyes, Maleeka took a few steps forward before gently tapping your exposed hand.

"Y/n.." She correctly called.

Feeling the tiny pressure ontop of your hand, you slowly opened your eyes and saw Maleeka standing in front of you looking a bit upset.

"Maleeka? Is everything okay?" You whispered concernedly.

"I had a nightmare..Can I sleep with you?" She timidly asked.

Instinctively feeling sorry and nuturing towards her, "Of course, come." You replied with a loving undertone.

Shifting down on the bed to make space for Maleeka, she slid underneath the blanket and positioned herself to cuddle herself with her back against your chest.

Watching everything, Hisoka lightly smiled to himself about what had happened.

He was always right.

Although you didn't intentionally or subconsciously in your sleep inch nearer to him on the bed like you usually do,  you still somehow found yourself on his side of the bed. But of course this was understandable, you had to shift down to make space for Maleeka.

Your back was only a few inches away from his chest, and your head was now partially on 'his' pillow. He could physically smell your gentle lavender scent because of how close you were.

It was amusing to be proved right indirectly about what you and him were bickering about earlier, but he wasn't complaining. Any chance to have you near was good.

"You want to talk about it?" You whispered while draping your arm over her tenderly to provide comfort.

"Mmm.." She hummed in hesitancy.

"I was being chased by these people and I screamed out for daddy to save me but he couldn't hear me.. So the bad men got me." She mumbled, holding her Teddy tighter.

You don't know where it came from, but this massive wave of affection and tenderness for Maleeka washed over you. You may have not known consciously. But your subconscious knew why you felt so strongly in comforting her. No mother will want to see their child unsettled.

Placing a tender kiss on her temple, you laid back down and held her tighter.

"Don't let it get to you okay? Because in real life, if someone was bothering you and you called out to your father for help. I know he will be by your side in a heart beat. He will never let anyone hurt you. Okay?"

"Hm.."

"And if he isn't around, I'll be here to protect you. And if I'm not here, Killua will be." You gingerly teased to get her mind off the nightmare.

"Killua? Why Killua? He's a doushe." Maleeka aggressively emphasised the last word.

"Because. Who better to save you than the person you like." You commented seriously.

Getting her attention, Maleeka turned around to look at you with a slight frown. "I don't like Killua! He irritates me."

Immediately placing your index finger over her mouth, "Shhh.. Don't talk so loud, your father is sleeping."

"And are you seriously telling me you don't like Killua when just the mention of his name gets you this worked up?" You whispered like a teenage girl.

"The mention of his name gets me worked up because I'm passionate about hating him." Although it was dark, the light from the bathroom provided a very dim light and it was enough to see how deeply Maleeka frowned at you. Suffocating her teddy bear by how tightly she crossed her arms.