Chapter 69

Although having Hisoka hold you dearly from behind. Your night was restless because of your fever that refused to break.

Kicking the sheets off your body, you sat up and pulled off your night dress because you felt too hot to have anything but your underwear on.

Feeling his hand slip off your stomach and your body stir next to his, Hisoka got up and saw you looked extremely crabby.

With a lazy and tired sigh, Hisoka silently left the room and returned back with a cold damp cloth.

Coming back to his side of the bed, the Joker placed it on your forehead.

Opening your heavy eyelids, your eyes met two concerned yellow orbs.

'That's right..Hisoka is with me. I forgot.'

"Thank you.." You weakly groaned, closing your eyes back again.

"Is there no medication to take?" Hisoka spoke with a low undertone to not sound obnoxiously loud, knowing how sensitive fever headaches are.

"..No. Only after I go for the first check up will I be able take any medication. It's a precaution to take incase there's anything abnormal with the foetus. But it's okay..The fever will pass." You breathlessly explained.

"When's the first scan?" Hisoka asked, feeling rather weird and new about this. The only scan of Maleeka's he had was the one Grimmjow angerily shoved against his chest seven years ago at the hospital. When you were around 3 to 4 months pregnant.

Although in your sentence you said 'Only after I go for the first check up.' Hisoka was low-key hoping he would be allowed to accompany you to the gynaecologist.

"Usually 6 to 12 weeks in."

And as usual, or maybe it was your sixth sense that was activated due to pregnancy, you knew what Hisoka was thinking and feeling without him ever having to utter a word.

"Do you have any business trips in the next month or two?" You timidly enquired.

Resting his head on your pillow, Hisoka gazed at you with smitten eyes as a warm smirk tugged the corner of his lips. Definitely feeling stirred internally that you included him.

"I don't have any anymore now." He implied that he will cancel all his plans just to be with you.

Holding the cold facecloth in place on your forehead, you shifted to lay on your side, facing your future husband.

"Thank you for putting me and the baby first.." You happily whispered.

You could tell that this pregnancy was going to be amazing and joyous. The dream of sharing the pregnancy experience is finally coming true.

-

Waking up to an unfamiliar voice talking, well, scream-talking coming from downstairs, your annoyed self was forced to get up. Yes it was a Saturday, and it was just past midday, but you were still feeling feverish and of course you were tired.

Slipping on a loose silk gown, not caring that you were just in your underwear, you headed to the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face.

You genuinely couldn't care anymore about decency. It was your goddamn house too right? You could do what you want, whenever you want. And you were definitely feeling far too moody today.

Walking down the stairs, you saw Hisoka sitting with his back against your direction in the kitchen.

Frowning, a bit shocked from the change in appearance, you sneakily walked closer to him and held him by the shoulders so you could kiss the back of his neck.