To the Library

I was not the king, but his right hand. I did not have armies at my feet but i led them with his discretion. I was his blade in the dark doing all the dirty tasks not fit for the king. I out-dueled representatives when the king was not fit to do so. I took down all the assassination attempts under the cover of shadows.

My ability to adapt to my opponents fighting styles was second to none, this along with my dual blade wielding style made me a formidable fighter. Power prevailed over all in my world as well, and i had no lack of it. I could go toe to toe against the strongest fighters and come victorious, yet my proudest achievement was when I first crawled.

I learned faster than Art because of my previous experiences, although he wasn't far behind, are all babies this fast?

Often he demonstrated more mature characteristics. Always searching around with his intelligent blue eyes. Sometimes staring at me almost as if trying to communicate. Could it be? After all if I was reincarnated why cant there be more. Although I didn't confront him about it, not until I have more evidence.

Father would frequently sit with us and talk about his adventuring days, which apparently was a profitable profession. His stories ranged from his adventures with his party in the "Beast Glades", to how he met our mother in a city called Valden. He proudly told us how mother fell head over heels for him when he went to the adventurers guild, although it seems that if was the exact opposite judging from how mother slapped the back of his neck and told him to stop telling us lies.

At first I didn't agree much to my nickname of Fay, I was feared too much in my old life to have a nickname this cute. But my views changed after glimpsing my reflection in the washrooms mirror. Ashen brown hair came down to my eyes, which were of dark blue hue.

In the weeks I was able to crawl, I had sneaked into the library, only to be soon joined by my twin. I was certain he never saw me doing that. Huh? The possibilities of Arthur being reborn keep increasing don't they?

This led to Mother cursing the day we were able to crawl. "I swear, you both are going to become as hard to manage as your father".

________________________________________________________________________________

Closing the encyclopedia I had read I laid on my back and pondered the information I had gained. This world was quite underdeveloped. From what I read there is a scarcity of technological advancement, mainly due to the people being more dependent on magic. Weapons were permitted everywhere other than in presence of royalty or people of high authority. Hell people carry weapons even when shopping for groceries.

This disturbed me deeply, sure the police back on earth carried weapons but that was mainly to deter crime. One day the two of us witnessed a thief stealing a bunch of items from a armory only to be slashed in the back by a polearm wielded by the shopkeeper to which the people cheered, while the thief lay there bleeding out.

This world ran under the system of monarchy, much like my previous world. However the throne was hereditary here, passed on from the King to his son. The continent of Dicathen had three kingdoms the kingdom ruled by humans, Sapin; the kingdom of the elves, Elenoir and the underground dwarven kingdom of Darv. The lack of information on other continents surprised me a bit as ships had been invented, but that shock quickly went away as the ships might not be advanced enough to cross oceans.

The concept of mana was much different to ki though. Superhuman abilities and their wielders were relied upon by countries on Earth, yet the application varied.

Back on Earth, we learned how to condense and utilize the innate ki within our bodies. Very much similar to a muscle. Repeatedly breaking the ki center down through exhaustion followed by rest would cause the ki center to grow stronger, allowing access to a bigger pool of ki. The ki would then be channeled throughout the body via special veins or meridians and utilized for the strengthening of the body and weapon.

Here the ki was called mana, more surprising was the fact that it existed in the atmosphere. Thus the mages draw in the mana from the atmosphere and condense it in their mana core, while in my world ki was only formed and existed in our bodies.

Therefore your innate ki size mattered a lot as it determined the amount of ki you could it. Sure you could somewhat largen and strengthen it but it was a small and limited increase. So ones skill with ki was the most important factor.

My ki core in my previous life was a little above average, however that didn't stop me from becoming one of the best practitioners, my ability to adapt to anyone's fighting style coupled with my skill with my dual blades allowed me to climb to the top. Now since ones mana core can get stronger I should be able to surpass my old self and become strong enough to keep my family safe.

One day in the library I witnessed Arthur crawl purposefully to the very same book i had read as if he knew what to look for.