Consequences

Fayden Leywin POV :

After coming out of my trance like state, I look around.

The few students that were inside the dome looked at me in horror and fear.

The professors glared at me warily, as if all this was my fault.

But the DC members among them only had a grateful expression on their faces.

But a hint of fear still existed.

And now that Kathyln now knows what I am.

Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to sever her attachments to me.

But looking at her expression, one of grim acceptance, made me reconsider my assumption.

Shaking my head, I look down and notice the changes my body has gone through.

I truly look like a beast in this form.

Suddenly noticing five massive mana signature I whip my head up.

It can only be the Lances.

And I have a vaguely certain idea what they are about to do.

They know my and Arthurs Identities, but not Zeke and Sylvies.

Zeke, take Sylvie and go to my family, take them somewhere isolated and safe.

No, I'm not leaving you to face against them! You will die!

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But I'd rather not involve you two in it.

I'm staying!

He stubbornly replied.

Listen to me Ezekiel! You can not be involved in this! Both of you! If they get their hands on you they will either make you a slave to the royal family, or sell you to the highest bidder!

My use of his true name left no room for argument as he grudgingly accepted.

Fine...

As he reached Sylvie, who had turned back to her fox form, I realized this might very well be the last time we talk, and I didn't want us to part like that.

Zeke, remember that I will always love you.

A nod is the only inclination that he heard me, as he grabs Sylvie and Void Steps away.

Just in time as well, since the dome begins to crack.

A sharp pain from my mana core suddenly flares, as I revert back to my normal state.

I barely register Arthur shouting out my name and a bolt of lightning heading my way.

The last thing I see before losing consciousness is a stone golem taking the brunt of the surge of lightning.

Throughout all this, I fail to notice the insignia forming over my collarbone.

________________________________________________________________________________

Third Person POV :

"You are not to lay a finger on either of the children, Bairon." A gruff, stern voice spoke.

This voice belonged to the Lance Olfred Warend.

Bairon Wykes turned his head towards the voice, "The boys brutally tortured and murdered my brother, and you tell me not to harm him? Do you wish to go against me, Olfred?"

"The boys, saved everyone here from your brother. And since when did you have enough hair in your balls to think you can challenge me?" Olfred retorted.