Prince and Princess

Soon our family left with the Eraliths, and Arthur had more visitors. in the meanwhile I keep roaming around the premises while keeping track of what is happening inside the infirmary, courtesy of Zeke.

That is how I bumped into Curtis.

"Oh hey Fayden, what are you doing here?"  

"Nothing much, just walking around aimlessly" I reply.

"I see..."

An awkward silence ensues.

Seems like he still hasn't forgiven me for the insult back then.

Sigh.

"Look about what I said on the announcement day, I'm sorry. I wasn't in the best of moods-"

"No no, this isn't about that."

"Huh?"

What is it about then?

"My sister has taken an interest in you, and I don't know if it is good or bad."

Wait that's it?

For a second I thought he realized who put up the barrier.

"What? That doesn't make sense. I'm not an interesting individual."

"We both know that's not true,"

I chuckle in response.

"Alright allow me to rephrase that, I'm not interesting enough for your sister to be curious about me," 

"I never said she was curious, more like she was concerned."

"Concerned? What abou- Oh the fight against Geist?" I ask.

He nods in affirmative.

"Never expected her of all people to be concerned about me."

Curtis continues looking at me with a wary expression.

"Look, I understand your sentiment. I have a sister myself and if someone did try to court her...well lets just say the guy will probably be crippled for the rest of his life. That is if Arthur doesn't get to him first...now that I think about it he'll probably be dead by the time both of us are done with him."

Curtis sweatdrops at my rambling.

"That's a bit excessive don't you think?"

"Nnnnope."

He comically falls to the floor.

We continue talking for a few more minutes before Curtis asks me something that made me stop in my tracks.

"So why did you chose to lose to Professor Geist?"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"Please you're strong enough to defeat him in seconds. Arthur always said you were on par with him, if not stronger," 

(A/N : I know his mana core is an entire stage above Arthurs but remember Arthurs first lecture. Mana core stage isn't a very accurate way to measure someone's strength. P.S. Fayden doesn't know most of the moves I mentioned in the list, he only knows Void Step and Tartarean vitality for now. This will change soon and he will be using some of the mana related moves in book 4 which I plan to shorten a bit since I don't really plan on him meeting Windsom or going to Elenoir with Arthur.)

"Sigh, yeah I lost on purpose."

"But why?" 

"Are you kidding me? I'd rather not face the consequences of defeating a professor so humiliatingly as Arthur did."