Last day before departure.

I glare at the black accessory brought especially for me, there was even a note saying 'I got you a black one, figured you'd prefer black over white.'

I could hear Arthur chuckling at me from behind.

I guess I just have to go with it.

The mask was pitch black with a royal blue lightning bolt going through the right eye socket.

I place it on my face and am surprised that it sticks on my face without a strap.

"So have you chosen an alias?" Arthur's voice brought me out of my musings.

A name huh? Well since there is a lightning bolt adorning the mask why not, "Bolt"

"Appropriate, I've chosen Note."

I look at him wearing his mask, his one was pearl white with a streak through the left slit, oddly reminiscent of a half note on a musical sheet.

I nod to him as I pick up one of the cloaks, "Alright lets go to sleep, we've got a long day tomorrow."

"Goodnight"

_________________________________________________________________________________

"So....who is it gonna be?" Father asked as we were sitting around the round wooden table. We had just had breakfast in the inn where the twin horns stayed.

Polishing his spear, Adam spoke first, "Unfortunately babysitting is not my forte, so I'll pass. On top of that, with my personality either of your sons might just end up killing me one day."

Highly likely.

Dad nods in agreement, "I was hoping either Durden or Helen would accompany them. I can't offer much compensation but-"

He was cut off by Durden, "Don't talk like that Rey. We're all family here, I would love to accompany them and watch them grow."

"He's right, you should know we aren't doing this for money. Besides we did manage to get quite some treasure from our last dungeon raid." Helen said shaking her head.

Just then a hand is raised, "I would like to volunteer for accompanying them."

Huh? Well ain't that a surprise.

"J-Jasmine? You want to go with them?" Angela stuttered out.

"Logically Jasmine is the most viable option to protect them. Durden specializes in defensive area of effect spells and I'm not really that good at protection." Helen said.

"Are you sure about this Jasmine?" Mother seemed worried.

Jasmine responded with a nod, and a thumbs up.

"Just let her go. She's the only elemental  augmenter among us anyways. Besides, she did break through to the light orange stage last year." Adam says as he swirls his spear.

"Hmmm....It's a pity, I would've liked to go but their safety comes first." Durden said, with a slightly sad tone.

"Sorry Durden, maybe next time," Dad tried to console him.

"Thank you Rey."

Meanwhile Arthur went towards Jasmine and spoke, "We'll be in your care then."

I bowed at her in gratitude.

She responded with a smile.

Returning home we saw Lilia meditating.

Apparently Ellie didn't like this, "No fair Lily, training without me!"