Departure and Arrival

Alright! Time to see what this gift is.

Gramps took me to a carriage saying the place is far on foot and so we need to go by carriage, and so we did.

Hours later we arrived at what seemed to be a ruined palace.

"That is the old location of the Royal palace. It was destroyed in the war." Gramps answered my unasked question.

"I see."

"Come on brat we haven't got all day." he ushered me forward.

He guided me to the ruined courtyard of the palace and stopped in front of a pillar. Then he pushed the pillar away as if it was nothing. The removal of the pillar revealed a trapdoor. He proceeded to infuse some mana, plant type probably seeing the color of the mana. The trapdoor immediately opened.

And so we began or descent. the stairs extended quite deep, but it didn't take us long reaching the end due to the steepness of the stairs. 

I was hoping for something grand but all that existed beyond the stairs were two crossed swords stabbed into a pedestal.

(A/N : Like this but two crossing each other)

Exactly what I'm used to, dual wielding.

"Go ahead brat!" Gramps pushes me ahead.

I went towards the two swords and pulled them out one by one. It was heavy for my childish body. I guess I won't be able to use it till I'm older.

As I was examining it something pricked my palm from both of the handles and drew blood. Instantly the blades became much lighter.

I swung it around to test its strength and hit the pedestal, the swords went right through the rocks and broke it to four pieces.

Damn that's sharp.

"Why me?" I ask.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Gramps  replied.

"Why did you give them to me, why not someone else like the King?" I elaborate.

"To be honest no one has been able to pull it out and those who tried got sent to the medical wards for weeks." He said with a sheepish smile.

....this senile old man almost sent me to the medics?

Sigh.

Well it did give me a powerful weapon in the end so its alright I guess.

"Alright time to go back." He exclaimed gesturing towards the exit