Last ditch effort

Each one of us were holding our own against the snarlers.

Owen was slicing through them as if he was cutting butter while Curtis burned them to ashes.

Claire's mini fire tornado served to inflict massive burns and blow them away.

Every once in a while Brandons Wind spells serve as cover if a snarler slips through our defenses.

I, on the other hand, made use of the abundant ice and earth mana in the dungeon.

My blade freezes any snarler it comes it contact with, and multiple earthen spikes hover above me, impaling through the snarlers if they dodge my blade.

We had the upper hand, but for how long? 

The others were getting tired, and the wave of snarlers almost seemed endless.

I was debating whether to release my seal when Professor Glory spoke up, "Teams! Follow your leaders, we're going back up!"

"You heard the lady!" Claire shouted as we start falling back.

While retreating I notice one of Arthurs teammates on the floor as snarlers pile up on him.

Arthur was crouched down in front of him, his hand on the grip of a sheathed Dawns Ballad.

"Grab on to something!" He bellows, before swinging his sword in an arc expelling a massive amount of wind that blew them all away, killing them in the process.

I would whistle in appreciation had I not seen him dropping his sword from his dangling arm.

Sigh.

He dislocated it didn't he?

"BOOM!" 

The entire roof exploded as two figures came down, hovering with their wings.

"Are you kidding me? What are the queen snarlers doing on this floor!" Professor glory popped a vein in pure rage as she brought out another sword from her dimension ring.

She's a dual wielder?

"Class! Handle the minion snarlers, I'll take care of the queens. I don't know what's going on here, but I'm getting you out of here it it's the last thing I do!" She rips a pendant from her neck and throws it away. Said pendant loses its color, turning grey, and the mana fluctuation around her changes.

Looks like we weren't the only ones using a seal Arthur.

Shall I-

No! Stay inside! We can still manage.

Ok fine, but I'm coming out the moment I see you in danger.

Alright.

"Back her up team! Do not let a single snarler slip past us!" Claire orders.

"You don't need to tell me twice." I spoke before entering my Ice armor state.

Beside me Brandon uses his gauntlets to bash in the skulls of any snarler near him. With the occasional wind spell.

Curtis uses his sword and shield to slice through the mana beasts, as Claire uses both long and close range spells with her rapier.

Owen uses his Scythe to kill multiple snarlers at once, the highly pressurized water doing its job perfectly.

Looking at the horde in front of me I will mana into my arm.

Holding said arm up I mutter, "Rend."

And rend it does, with dozens of Ice blades shooting forward, they cut through their fur and flesh effortlessly.

Glancing back I witness Professor Glory using what looked like glass projectiles against the queens.