The floating castle

I enter my acquire phase as I keep using [Tartarean Vitality] and surges of sickly green flames wash over my body.

By now the pain had lessened enough that I didn't react so violently to it.

During this time Arthur moves towards me, "You alright?"

Tact, Arthur. Heard of it?

Seems like he did since his face adopts an expression of regret.

I chuckle weakly, "You of all people should know I'm used to this by now."

He smiles back grimly and places a hand on my shoulder, "For what it's worth, I'm sorry."

I nod back, accepting the gesture.

"Do Mom and Dad know?" I asked.

"Yes."

"How are they taking it?"

"They were in disbelief at first, but when I explained to them why you did it...Well Mom looked shocked, but Dad nodded and accepted it." He elaborates.

"Huh, what about the others?"

"The DC, or what's left of them anyways, and most of the students and staff protested in our favor. Although Kathyln was the most vocal about it."

"I see."

A few seconds later he spoke again, "Where did you send them?"

"You mean Zeke and Sylvie? I don't know, I just told Zeke to take her and our family somewhere safe. Where that is, I have no idea." I replied honestly.

"Can you still communicate with him?" He asked.

I sigh, "No, not really. Maybe it's because I'm too tired, maybe it's because I drained almost all of my reserves. I don't know."

He nods, "That was smart. They might have come after our family."

"And what of us, I'm assuming we are being taken to the council. Any ideas on what they are going to do?" I asked.

"They have decided to imprison us, with you losing your status as a mage and your mana core destroyed." He answered.

"Huh, that so?"

A few more seconds of silence passed, and I spoke up, "I'm just gonna go to sleep now, that really drained me."

"Yeah, I'll wake you up when we reach the castle."

I nod in thanks and drift into unconsciousness, [Tartarean Vitality] doing it's job of healing my body slowly.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I was shaken awake by my brother the next morning.

"We're here."

"Huh?"

I wake up groggily, and look around, expecting to find a huge castle.

In stead we were in the air with nothing around us, not a single house.

"You sure we are in the right place?" I asked to no one in particular.

No one replies, as Lance Varay held up her hand, and with a soft click, the sky in front of us split apart to reveal a metal staircase.

And I stood there gaping, "Well, uh, that's certainly something."

Arthur wasn't much better himself.

Olfred smirked at our reaction, "Welcome to the council's floating castle."

The two of us stood there, absolutely petrified.