Awakening

Alice Leywin POV:

My boys are the most adorable babes ever, I am not saying this because I am a doting mother.

No.

Art and his patch of glowing auburn hair and Fay with his long locks of ashen hair, with the intelligent, glowing eyes they both seemed to share.

No no, I told you, I'm not a doting mother. I plan on being a strict and just mother for I can't rely on my husband. For God's sake he tried to teach the boys to fight when they just learned to crawl. 

I knew both of the little rascals would turn up like their father. They become extremely excited when they see their father practice.

On the bright side they would scurry off to the study instead of playing with the toys or stuffed animals. That at least was the complete opposite of their father.

Both of my son's were interested in many things. I cant get enough seeing their heads turn to take everything in. They were particularly interested in their father's practices.

Reynolds was a pretty competent adventurer back in the day. Being a B-class adventurer by the age of 28 was actually an impressive feat. Acquiring an E-class rank, the lowest rank, required taking a test to prevent us from sending eager but ignorant adolescents to their deaths. As for the higher ranks, I've only seen a couple of A-class adventurers in my years of working at the guild, and I've yet to see an S-class adventurer, assuming they actually exist.

 At the Adventurer Guild, or what we just called the Guild Hall back then in Valden, I got to see too many eager teens. I swear, I was surprised they didn't float away from having their overly inflated egos get to their heads.

At least they were ambitious.

One time, I was assigned to proctor a basic practical exam, where the examinee had to simply demonstrate fundamental competency in their mana manipulation, but before the test had even begun, the kid fell straight onto his back because the sword he was carrying had been too heavy for him. Speaking of airheads, Reynolds sure came off as one back then. The moment he saw me in the Guild Hall, his jaw literally dropped and he just stood there until the guy inline behind him elbowed him to hurry up to which he moved along muttering to the receptionist to trade in the goods he had gotten.

He eventually managed to gather up the courage and ask me out for dinner and the rest is history.

The next landmark in my journal is when Art first said "mama".

I coerced him into repeating it just to make sure I wasn't imagining it, this caused Rey to sulk as he wouldn't say "dada". 

I won...at least I thought so. Immediately after that Fay said "dada", now it was my turn to sulk as I couldn't get him to say "mama".

But more confusing was that they smiled at each other, almost as if they planned it.

In the end they reversed their roles, Art said "dada" and Fay said "mama".

When I got over the joy of being called "mama" by both of my boys, I couldn't tell whether it was a coincidence or not.

Fayden Leywin POV:

A little over 2 years have passed since I started forging my core. I found that Arthur was also forging his own mana core and would complete it a few days after me

However if I awaken and destroy a large portion of the house and then he proceeds to awaken after me and destroy it after it is repaired it could lead to financial problems, so I decided to confront him about it so that we can awaken at the same time.

"Big bwodah Art. Come with me for a minute", I asked after locating him. After he agreed I led him towards the study, all the while thinking if the risks of revealing myself are worth it. The possibilities of him not being a reborn person were low so I was willing to take this risk.

Upon arriving at the study I waited for a few minutes before going through with it, "So does the word ki hold any meaning to you?" I asked more fluently than possible for a baby my age.

His face showed a sliver of surprise before he managed to hide it, "How do you know that term?" he responded sternly.

So I was right, he was reborn as well.

"You're not the only one to be reborn Art. Enough of that now the real reason I called you here, How long till you finish?"

".....about a week" He replied, already knowing what I meant.

"Try to awaken in the backyard, both of us awakening simultaneously will destroy our entire house and put us in a financial crisis"

He agreed with a nod before asking, "Who are you?"

I smiled at this, "Who we were is not important at the moment we will talk about it later, now we are family and I shall do whatever it takes to protect my family, I have a feeling you have the same thought process."

To this he returned my smile and humed in approval.

A week after our conversation we were both ready to awaken, meditating in our backyard.

Then finally on that fateful day.

BOOM!