First Lecture.

Instantly the students begin booing him, protesting that they would not 'waste their time learning from a first year.'

I shake my head at their sheer idiocy.

The very same first year is stronger and more knowledgeable than all of you.

Suddenly one of the students jump down to the floor.

"What do you think you're doing?" Arthur asked.

"I just suddenly feel like I want to be a professor now. All I have to do is the same thing you did- pummel a professor to the ground right?" The obnoxious brat replied.

How dumb can one person get? Can't they sense that he's leagues beyond them?

Or is it because I, a light yellow core mage, lost to Geist that they think yellow cores are pushovers?

"It won't take long, just get ready to call me 'Professor'." He continued.

I'm half tempted to go down there myself.

"You." Arthur began, silencing the entire class.

"Sit." He finished releasing a bunch of pressure, causing the kid to fall on his ass.

"Director Goodsky didn't bother giving me any official documents, but like it or not, I will be teaching this class." He continues.

Come to think of it, why didn't the director give him any documents?

"If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to leave, I won't stop you-In fact...I'll even allow you to be placed into another class of your choice." He says, almost challengingly.

"However, if any of you are even a tiny bit curious as to how this little boy with a limp got to become a professor at the most prestigious academy in Dicathen..."

By losing his cool and throttling the previous professor?

"I encourage you to stay and learn." He ends his speech.

A few moments pass and he sighs.

"Are you gonna stay there? Either leave or go back to your seat."

"Yes Sir! Sorry Sir!" He salutes.

"Whipped," I snicker, whispering under my breath.

"Now then, since this is a practical mana manipulation class, I'll ask you a practical question." pausing for dramatic effect he continued, "What is the best way to utilize mana from the surrounding atmosphere?"

I begin raising my arm but Arthur glances at me and subtly shook his head.

Alright, I'll give them a chance.

A female student raises her hand.

Arthur points at her, "You, ponytail."

Lets see what she says.

"Mana is best used by absorbing the mana naturally formed in the atmosphere into the mana core, where it can be condensed and purified for use when spells or techniques are cast."

"Good." Arthur compliments her before continuing, "Now, as you all know, the difference between augmenters and conjurers lies in the fact augmenters mostly use the mana in their cores via their mana channels. Conjurers on the other hand utilize the mana directly from the surrounding atmosphere via their veins. So why do both mages have to meditate and absorb mana if only augmenters primarily use the mana they absorb into their core?"

This time I do raise my arm.

"Yes, Fayden?"

"While it is true that conjurers don't really utilize mana for physical attacks in the early stages, we still need the mana from our core to manipulate ambient mana to form the spell. Besides it does act as a backup in case of an emergency when one does not have enough atmospheric mana to fuel the spell. Add to those the fact that as we break through into newer core stages the line between conjurers and augmenters blurs, possibly disappearing at reaching the white stage."