Godspell

The pressure rose to a near suffocating level as we got nearer to the Scythe. This is going to be very difficult, if not downright impossible.

"Remember, if things get too bad, retreat." I repeated my order as we waded through the rocky barren land.

"Yeah, we got that." Owen replied, Brandon nodding behind him.

As we neared the dwarven city of Carn, the pressure began decreasing.

'He's sensed us.' Zeke deduced.

'Figured.'

I opened my mouth to inform the other two, but before I could speak another voice cut in.

"There you are." The voice was undoubtedly feminine.

We screeched to a halt, whipping our heads left and right, wildly searching for the source of the voice.

From behind a rock a slender figure walked into view, dark purple strands of hair fell down to her back like a waterfall. She had a healthy complexion, surprising considering every other retainer or scythe had alabaster skin.

"Ascender," she spoke, amusement tinged in her voice as if she was making a joke, "I have given you time enough to think on my proposal."

Owen and Brandon looked at her in confusion, not understanding a lick of what she was saying.

Me, though, I understood the gravity of the situation and who exactly I was talking to.

"Agrona." I whispered out, "What's with you and possessing people?"

[He might have a possession fetish, but hey we don't kink shame here.]

'...'

[What?]

I ignored his inappropriate comment and kept staring impassively at the scythe, "To answer your question, yes I've had more than enough time to consider the offer."

"And your answer?" she or rather he, asked confidently as if already certain I would agree.

I glanced back at Owen and Brandon, who were looking at me with confusion etched on their faces.

I entered my integrate phase, making a conscious effort to not create a field of nacht, and raised my arm. Walls of pure nacht rose up around me and Agrona, isolating us from the other two. With a flick of my fingers, I commanded the wind around us to swirl in a massive tornado, drowning any sound we may make.

"I have a counter proposal for you, Agrona." I finally spoke, raising a pair of pitch-black chairs for us to sit on.

'Father?'

'...'

'You're scaring me...'

[You're not seriously going to accept his proposal are you?]

"Let's hear it then." Agrona said, sitting down on the chair.

After we were both settled I began, "Make me your spy in Dicathen. I'll give you any information you need, and in exchange keep your soldiers away from my family."

Agrona sat silently for a few seconds, his lips pressed into a thin line as he pondered on my suggestion.

"If you wanted to deny my offer you could just say so." he finally said, standing up.

Damn, he saw right through me.

"What gave it away?" I sighed in acceptance, he's not easy to fool after all.

"Your deception skills are pathetically low." he spat, walking away, "Consider the offer, annulled."

With a sigh, I deactivated Canine Divinity, letting the walls drop.