Back home again

I've never felt this nervous in either of my lives.

If anyone from my old life heard of this they'd be laughing at me.

Me, who has outdueled some of the strongest fighters. Me, who has kept the king safe through multiple assassination attempts. Me, who has stared at the jaws of death hundreds of times yet came out alive all but one time.

That same me is nervous of meeting my parents after four years.

So I asked my brother if he was the same.

"You nervous?"

"Absolutely"

At least I'm not the only one.

"Same here."

And then we knocked together.

A dull yet resounding sound of metal clanging on metal followed.

I could hear footsteps and a sound which surprisingly was that of a child's, "Coming~"

The door opened to reveal a little girl accompanied by a maid who looked at us curiously. I guess its not everyday two 8 year old kids come at a nobles manor.

"Ahem, I am Fayden Leywin, this is my brother Arthur Leywin, it's a pleasure to meet you. We were notified that our family is currently residing here. Can we speak to them?" I introduce us.

Before the maid could respond an oh so familiar voice spoke in the background, "Eleanor Leywin! There you are! You have got to stop going to the front door every time someone..." my mother stopped mid way and dropped a bowl of food.

Eleanor Leywin. My sister? Looking closer I see she has dazzling brown eyes and light ashen brown hair, much like my own, tied in two pigtails.

Turning my gaze away from her I looked towards mom and spoke, "Hey mom, we're back."

She ran towards us at a speed on par with Gramps, fell on her knees, embracing us in a death grip, afraid we might disappear again.

At this moment the dam broke. I let my tears flow through my eyes like small rivers, and a wide smile framed my face.

"You're both alive! I knew the voices were you! You're back home now my babies!" That's the most she could make out before turning into a bawling mess.

I couldn't blame her, not while all I could do was cry silently on her shoulder.

I hadn't cried like this in a long time. Not since the incident.

Seeing mom like this our sister walked to us and patted her back trying to comfort her, " Mama, there there, don't cwy."

But after seeing that she was unsuccessful she also started crying.

"Arthur! Fayden!" A voice came from behind us, craning my neck backwards I saw my father, drenched in sweat sprinting towards us.

He slid on his knees hugging us, almost toppling us over.

"My sons! Look how much  you've grown! You're finally back!" He put us in a headlock under his arms.

This continued on with my mother still weeping uncontrollably along with my sister while me and Art had silly grins on our faces and Father patting our heads.

After a few moments we finally settled down.

We sat on a couch with me and Arthur sitting on either side and Mom between us. Dad sat on a chair facing us and Eleanor sitting on another couch to the side.

"Are you alright now? You ate three times a day right? You slept dressed warmly everyday right? Oh my babies, look how you've grown." My mother said with tears still escaping her eyes.