The kings brother, always and forever

Andrew Leywin was not having a good day, first they lost the palace, and now two Scythes of all people were attacking them. Damn it, why did Tessia have to run off on her own!

Cadell Vritra was a strong foe, one he was being hard pressed to defeat, even with Sylvia's advice, even his godrunes weren't of much help. He needed more firepower. He may have the knowledge of a thousand-year-old Asura but his body was still human.

He moved out of the way to dodge the Vritras swing, which disintegrated the ground below him. He knew not how much longer he could fight. His reserves were being spread thin, yet Cadell hadn't broken a sweat.

A white figure burst out of the ground below Cadell, coiling itself around him.

'Father, run. I cannot hold him for much longer.'

'I will not leave you Jor.'

Rationally speaking running would be the best choice at this moment, but that wasn't an option, not when Arthur was quite literally killing himself with that form.

"Looks like you need some help." A cocky voice spoke from behind me.

'I didn't even sense him sneaking up on me, was I so focused on my fight? You have to do better Alexander. '

Alexander tilted his head as if listening to something. 'He's what? Are you sure Sylvia?'

The man in black walked past him, not even acknowledging his existence any further, focusing only on the Vritra in front of him.

Cadell stared warily at the man who appeared out of thin air, his aura seemed familiar for some reason, pure even. For a moment he thought this man was Agrona, but that thought was too absurd to be true.

"Who are you?"

Fayden brought up his hands, the silhouette of a blade forming in his hands. The sheer gravity of it was pulling Cadell towards it. It was as if he was wielding a blackhole in his hand.

With his sword held high, he said one word, "Come."

Cadell had no choice in the matter, his body was simply yanked forward. He could do nothing, not even as the phantom edge tore into his flesh, imploding him from the inside.

The wound left behind by such a strike was unlike any other, where a normal blade splits apart flesh and bone, this fuses them forcefully, grotesquely. Even Soulfire wouldn't heal such a wound easily.

But this spell was taxing, costing an absurd amount of mana. In fact, Andrew could barely feel any mana in the atmosphere anymore.

Fayden had maybe one more strike, but that's it. He will not have another chance.

"You know," He spoke, "The best thing about crossing worlds is that no one knows what skills I have."

Cadell had no idea of his aetheric capabilities, he had no time to react to a well-placed Void Step. Not like he could if he knew, the weapon in Faydens hand restricted his movement by a longshot.

Cadell felt something grab his head, he felt claws dig into his face, he felt the sheer force behind the grip, and he felt his eyes popping. That's the last thing he experienced before his head burst open.

Fayden retracted his ruby-like claws as Cadells body fell face first, "Huh, maybe I have gotten stronger."

"What just happened..."

"That," Fayden said, wiping the blood off his hands, "was me saving your ass. Now, where's that little masochist?"

Andrew's eyes widened, Arthur he could barely sense his mana anymore.