Hello and Goodbye

The slimy form of the snake wrapped around his body in an instant, coiling around him as the head neared Fayden's body. Yet he stared unwaveringly, gazing into its eyes with such disinterest that he hesitated to strike.

A surge of nacht passed over the construct, as it caught on flames which snuffed out the brightest of lights. With a hiss the Vritra jumped back, but a construct heals quickly. He struck again.

This time, Fayden caught him before he could wrap around. Grabbing its jaw, he began tearing it apart, but a tail flick from the Vritra forced him to release him, focusing rather on defending himself.

A small figure streaked across the sky, a pristine white aura around him and a teal blade arced through the air. Even with the size disadvantage, Arthur managed to wound him critically, cutting a deep gash on the snake. But physical wounds were useless against constructs.

Fayden dropped his defences, "Come at me, let's see what you can do."

Fortunately his enemy took the bait, coiling around him once again and biting down at its neck. He was surprised when the nacht construct began melting away, no it was melting over him. His construct began steaming, as parts of it were eaten away by the black miasma.

Try as he might, he was unable to free himself from it, his construct body had been completely ensnared. Shooting a dirty look at Fayden, he slipped away from the mass of decay mana. Arthur Leywin did not miss this opportunity.

With Realmheart active, his sword emitted a myriad of colours as it made contact with Rizem's skin, charring, freezing, shredding and smashing through his flesh. Rizem retaliated nigh instantly, but missed, courtesy of Static Void. A deep gash ran across his back.

The hairs on his neck stood up, and he moved away just fast enough to avoid getting skewered by Fayden appearing from his shadow. The Vritra flew up, a blade of pure decay mana in his hands and chose the more troublesome target.

Iridescent bubbles materialised around the black haired boy, as the Vritra got closer and closer. With a flick of his fingers, the bubbles shot forward. His red eyes glowed like flashlights, his body wreathed in a grey mist.

His arrogance would cause his downfall, the parts the bubbles touched were ripped away from his body, his torso was full of holes, he was missing an arm. A look of pure shock etched on his face.

Arthur flashed behind him, Dawn's Ballad coated in purple electricity as the sword cleaved right through the Vritra.

"H...how?" He asked one final question, wanting to know why he couldn't phase.

I grinned deviously, "Why don't you figure that out yourself, O' great and mighty Vritra?"

He died with a face of rage.

"Who are you?" Arthur demanded as soon as the Vritra was dead.

"That depends, did you know a Markus in your past life, Grey?"

He raised his sword, steeling his expression, "I don't know what you mean."

"Oh please, you were a king in your past life, your friend Cecilia was killed by your hands during the duel for the throne. Nico, your other friend made it his life's purpose to end yours and you spent the rest of your days as a husk of a man-"

"Alright that's enough!" he yelled. "How do you know all that?"

"Answer my question first, did you know a Markus in your last life?"

"No."

[Well, that's one theory down.]

"Then I'm a nobody from a different universe."