Ascendance

As the sun's rays fell onto my face, I was forced to wake up. I suppressed a groan as I tried to get up from the bed; however, the sudden weight on my chest prevented me from doing so.

I glanced down and was greeted by a tuft of black hair, and as the sleep slowly drained away from my body, I identified the surroundings I was in. Apparently, I was situated in a room similar to mine, yet different. Besides that, there's also a body that was pressed against me, hugging me.

The memories of last night crashed into my mind, as I felt blood rushing up to my cheeks.

"Yeah, that happened." I muttered.

Apparently, that was enough to wake Kathyln up. She got up from my chest, rubbing her eye and yawning cutely.

"Morning princess, I hope my chest is to your likings ." I joked.

She froze, slowly turning her face towards me, "F-Fayden? What are you doing here?"

"You already forgot what happened last night ?" I whined with a mock hurt expression.

She blushed, hard, "W-We didn't..."

"No, nothing like that," I answered, understanding what she was implying.

"Then what ha-" She stopped speaking as if remembering something.

Her face turned even redder, "We... confessed."

I nodded, "Yeah, we did."

"So... does this make us a couple now?" She asked, her cheeks flushing.

"I suppose so, yeah."

My knowledge of romantic relationships was very limited, so I had to resort to vague answers.

She nodded meekly as she got up from the bed.

'Morning Father.' Zeke said telepathically as he Void Stepped into the room in his human form, startling Kathyln.

"Morning Zeke." I said out loud to reassure her.

He grinned deviously, "So, did you two go all the way last night?"

Kathyln blushed, averting her face.

"No we didn't, and stop being a pervert." I deadpanned at him, but the irresistible blood rush to my face says otherwise.

"Is that a hint of disappointment I see?"

"You're hallucinating." I rolled my eyes.

He only snickered in response.

I shook my head, standing up from the bed.

"I suppose we should meet up with the rest of the team then." I stated, stretching my body.

Kathyln nodded, "I'll need to change before that."

I began panicking in response, "Please don't start undressing before I leave."

She nodded, giving me a thumbs up.

I sighed in relief, exiting the room.

________________________

Along the way, I stumbled upon Arthur, who was also walking through the corridors.

"Morning Fayden, how was your night?" He said, giving his infamous shit-eating, grin.

Is he referring to...

But how?

"It was good, I guess. How about yours?" I retorted.

"It was decent enough, although it wasn't as pleasant as yours." his grin widened.