Date

"...ayden. Fayden!" Zeke's voice brought me back to reality.

"Any luck?"

I sighed, shaking my head.

He slumped down, "How long is it going to take..."

"I don't know, Zeke. But what I do know is that I won't stop until I can contact them." I tried to reassure him.

[Maybe it's because of the distance? They are in a different dimension.]

"I know that, but how am I supposed to go into their dimension to talk with them?"

[You really don't remember any spell that lets you cross dimensions?]

"As far as I know, Void Step is my only spatium sp-" my voice got caught in my throat as I remembered what Sierra said the first time we met.

"Of course!" I exclaimed startling Zeke who was sitting beside me in my bed.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Zeke, remember what Sierra said about Void Step the first time we met?"

He tilted his head, "Something about you crossing dimen-... oh"

"Yeah, oh." I grinned at him.

[What are you waiting for? A reward? Try it already!]

"Yeah, yeah, no need to be so snappish about it." I got up, stretching my body.

"Alrighttt!" I breathed out deeply, entering my first phase.

Let's see if this works.

And I dropped into my shadow, Zeke jumping after me in his wolf form.

I never paid much attention when I used Void Step, I was more worried about where I would emerge, or spy on.

This time, I took in the view of our surroundings. It was tinted in black and blue like I was in a rift.

No time to waste.

I took a deep breath in, not caring how.

Noctis! Erebus! Can any of you hear me?!

No reply came.

I tried again, only to be met with the same response.

'They may be busy.'

'Erebus is literally a ghost, how is he busy? Jumpscaring people?'

You know, when someone talks about me it's usually a mix of awe and fear.

I rolled my eyes, We need to talk.

If it is about the traitor, then we know.

What? And you guys did nothing about it?!

We have been investigating potential suspects, but whoever they are can hide themselves well.

Aren't you their progenitor? Can't you like command them to come out?

I may be their progenitor, but it doesn't give me complete control over them.

I sighed, Fine then. On another note, is Scythe Seris a spy from Losvillion?

I suppose she told you?

Not really, she told Arthur to relay it to me.

Either way, yes, she is a spy for Losvillion. But I wouldn't be surprised if she betrays us for her own agenda.

So she's not really reliable huh...

Silence ensues for a few seconds.

Well if that's all, I'll be returning.