The announcement

Later that day we made our way through the crowded streets of the City Square

Me and Arthur had a talk recently about him giving Gideon the blueprints for the steam ship, he was just as worried as I was, considering they were spying on us.

They have no reason to do so, unless they were afraid of us or had malicious intents.

I'm still uncertain if Arthur made the right choice there.

"Is everything alright?" Our mother asked looking at us, concerned.

"You two look more distracted than normal," She continued.

"Yeah, we're fine." I reply.

"Alright then, I'll just keep pretending normal 12 year old thoughts, because that's what moms do. Just know," 

She came down to our level, " Even though I'll always be worried about you, I'll never stop you from doing what you want."

My chest tightened at her words.

I'm sorry...

Outside though I put on a grateful smile.

"Thanks Mom," Arthur said.

_______________________________________________________________________________

*BZZZZZ*

Four spherical objects fly up and align, forming a rectangular space in between. Which soon fills up with a blue light.

A picture appears on the blue screen.

"Greetings Humans, Elves and Dwarves alike!" Blaine Glayder, the human King starts.

"I am Blaine Glayder. While most of you know me as the King of Sapin, today I speak not as a King of humanity, but as a representative of the continent of Dicathen."

I raise an eyebrow, 'a representative of the continent of Dicathen' eh?

Seems like the three Kingdoms are indeed unifying.

"I stand with the Kings and Queens of all three Kingdoms from our beloved continent, who have gathered here on this memorable day," He continues.

I notice The Eraliths standing to one side, albeit without Tessia, along with two short statured individuals, the representatives of the Dwarves.

"Today marks the beginning of a new era for this continent we call our home!" He bellowed.

"I assume many of you are aware of the animosity between the humans and the elves...while the dwarves are considering nothing more than business partners. However, that is not the way we wish to continue, We, your leaders, have met countless times over these past few years, all to find a way to unite our races," He continued.

"Two years ago, we agreed to allow members from all three races to become Adventurers, it makes me glad to see parties of humans, elves and dwarves working together for a common goal. Last year we achieved another milestone, as students from both Elenoir and Darv were welcomed into Xyrus academy," He said.

Look how well that turned out.

"Now, a new generation of mages can make friends and memories without any such barriers. We understand how difficult it may be for some to adjust, given the constant enmity between us. However, we urge you to let go of the past, and any discrimination you may hold, to think beyond that. If not for yourself, then do it for your children, and for the future of the continent!" With that he finishes his speech as the audience bursts in cheers.

He gestures for Alduin to go ahead, who stands up addressing us, "It is an honor to speak on behalf of all those gathered here on this unforgettable day. I completely agree with the message King Glayder so eloquently delivered, regarding the future of our continent. But, although we have a clear vision regarding our future, I can wholeheartedly say that this continent is filled with uncountable unknowns. Here, in our homeland of Dicathen...there are places so dangerous, no one dares to explore." He starts, pausing for dramatic effect.

"But what if...I tell you...that even greater mysteries and dangers lie out there? You heard me right fellow citizen of Dicathen. Today we formally announce that we have found evidence of another continent" He revealed.

And then there was chaos.

Some were fascinated by the prospect of a new continent, but others were more worried if they were enemies.

"Please," Alduin tried to calm the crowd, but to no avail, "We ourselves don't know much yet, so we have as many questions as you. But what we do know is that out there, is a new continent full of mystery, adventure and quite possibly danger. There is evidence of them trying to reach out to us as well. But alas, it seems that the current technology on both sides do not permit us to travel that far-"

He was cut off as the King of the Dwarves got up and pushed him aside "QUIET!" he bellowed, successfully calming them down, "Ahem! As Alduin said, we don't know much. However, in these times of uncertainty we can all agree that standing beside one another as comrades is whats best for the continent and our people. We must no longer fight among ourselves. Our appearances may be different, our cultures may clash, but remember this-We were all born on the continent of Dicathen,"

Smiling he continued, "I, for one am proud of that, and hope that future generations will feel the same, What about you?"

The audience burst into applause once again, with me and Arthur joining them this time.

Gesturing towards the door he spoke again, "The process of unifying our three races and kingdoms will take a lot of time and effort. But today we will be appointing six individuals. These are individuals who we, the royal families, believe to be the most courageous, tactful, intelligent and powerful in our respective nations. They represent each of the three races on a continental scale. Their primary goal being to maintain and defend the well-being of Dicathen. They will be working alongside us, the rulers of this continent, to ensure that our home is protected as we move into this exciting new era for our people,"

Six people come out from the back of the podium, 2 humans, 2 elves and 2 dwarves.

"These individuals will henceforth be known as the Six Lances. Each Lance symbolizes the ties we all hold, not only to our kingdom, but to the continent."

The so called Six Lances kneel down in front of the royals, as servants bring a red case, handing it to King Glayder.

Opening it he reveals 6 golden rings.

The first Lance to receive the ring was an elf woman with greenish white hair and blue eyes.

"Alea Triscan!"

The next was a white haired human woman.

"Varay Aurae!"

The dark skinned dwarven Lance went next.

"Olfred Warend!"

The remaining elf Lance stepped forward.

"Aya Grephin!"

The shortest of the six, the dark haired dwarven Lance went next.

"Mica Earthborn!"

And finally the remaining human Lance went ahead.

"Bairon Wykes!"

"D-Did he say Wykes?!" Beside me Elijah sputtered, "As in Lucas Wykes?"

But I paid no attention to him, my mind was fixated on the blond haired Lance.

Killing Lucas got a whole lot more complicated.