The hearing

Looking at my core I notice the change it has been through after I used Canine Divinity.

I could see the cracks on my core seeping yellow light, indicating I was ready to break through, but that wasn't the most surprising change.

My core now has a very faint black shell surrounding it.

I have no idea what it could be, only that it is connected to the black mana I used in that state

I'll have to be careful about using it in the future. 

Come to think of it, I need a name for it, can't exactly call it black mana forever.

Umbral?

Nah.

Skygge?

Doesn't sound too bad.

What about Nacht?

It does have a ring to it.

What do you say Zeke?

Nacht sounds better than the other options Dad.

Alright then, Nacht it is.

(A/N: Thanks a ton Dragoner for the list of suggestions.)

That brings me here, meditating and purifying mana in hopes to break through soon.

My prayers were answered within a few hours when I finally broke through into the Solid yellow stage.

Only 5 more stages before I reach white core.

I wonder if there's a stage beyond white, and how strong would that make me.

Maybe strong enough to use my will without severe drawbacks.

Speaking of my will, what was that voice?

It sounded so old, so wise, and yet, so ominous.

It was male, that much was obvious.

Well whoever he is, I was grateful to him. I don't know what the outcome would've been otherwise. 

But why did he help me?

Before I could ponder on this any longer, I heard footsteps coming our way, human footsteps.

Hearing this I put my mask back on

A few medics and guild workers came along with Kaspian.

The medics immediately start working on Samantha's wounds while Kaspian makes his way to us, "Good Evening, Mr. Note, Mr. Bolt . I never expected meeting like this. I have been informed of the situation by Ms. Flamesworth, and I realize how you must feel."

"Oh, you do? So could you kindly relay his location to me so that I may repay the debt our party owes him?" Arthur spat, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists.

"I must advice you against that for now," He replies.

"And why not? My identity is unrevealed, and I am more than capable to end his existence. Do you think you have the power to protect him?" 

"Of course not, I know I do not possess the power to fight against you at your full strength, but I still can pose a threat to you Mr. Note." He replies straightening his glasses, only to stop midway as he is bombarded by the sheer bloodlust I was emitting.

"And do you think you could survive against the two of us?" I say with a dangerous smile on my face.

He regains his composure before saying, "Your involvement wont change anything-"