The Return

3rd Person POV :

A black blob floated over the ground, pulsing with silver energy as it slowly descended. The time between the surges became shorter and shorter, until a silver sheen seemed to be covering the whole sphere.

It began melting, imploding on itself, forming a small ball near the sternum of a silhouette, before it was absorbed into his body. The blinding white mana core in his chest began losing its glow, darkening into an abyssal black. Lavender clashed with white, and black replaced their place, momentarily flickering silver.

The kneeling figure stared at the ground, his palm touching the floor. He knew exactly where he was, how far he was from the nearest civilization, how much time had passed since his 'death' and how many beings, be it living or dead, were near him.

He slowly stood up, flexing his fingers to test their functionality. They seemed to work perfectly. He glanced at his torso and his back, none of the scars had transferred over. But one thing struck him.

Why the fuck am I naked?

That's when he remembered his circumstances.

Oh...yeah new body, right.

He inhaled deeply, focusing on the sound of his own heartbeat, and flexing all the muscles he could.

He sighed in relief, at least there wasn't anything wrong with this body. With that done, he focused on his core. A pitch black sphere greeted him. He panicked for a brief moment, thinking he had lost his source of magical power. But relaxed when he could still feel the mana and aether in him.

His core had a black exterior, but inside was a whole different story. He was met with a whirlwind of white and purple, clashing into each other and occasionally releasing a nacht particle. It was like a generator, but where was all that mana and aether coming from?

He'd find that answer soon enough when he noticed the lack of said particles around him. Was he subconsciously absorbing all the particles from the atmosphere?

[Yes, that's exactly what you're doing.]

His neck snapped towards the direction of the sound, his eyes focusing on a pale faced man. A mop of silver hair fell down his face, and obsidian black eyes stared back at him.

"What?" was his first word after gaining this body.

[You're wondering how I'm able to physically exist?] The silver-haired man spoke. [It's simple, I don't.]

"What do you mean?" He shook his head, regaining his composure.

[What I mean is, I don't exist physically. Only you are capable of seeing me. Hell, I can't even interact with objects.] To prove his point he bent down to grab a rock, but his hand passed right through it.

"I...see," he closed his eyes. "Are you ready to tell me who you are now?"

[Hmm.] He rubbed his chin in thought. [I am, but do I want to?]

He deadpanned at the apparition.

Markus chuckled, [Relax, I'll tell you.]

"Go right ahead,"

[Alright, for starters I'm not the key as you once thought.] Walking over to a boulder, he sat on its surface, [The key, is a part of me. In all honesty, I'm superior to the key.]

Fayden rolled his eyes, "Don't stroke your ego too much."

[You see, when you first got the key,] he promptly ignored Fayden's comment, [it instantly tried to combine with your soul. And it would have, were you a normal 4 year old, but you weren't. As a result, it was only partly successful. It created a separate entity, an amalgamation of both your personalities and itself.]