Despair

After I recovered from the shock, the transmission scroll dissipating in that while, I immediately prepared to move. 'Zeke, stay with Ellie, inform me if anything happens.'

'But-'

'Please.'

'...Fine.'

"What did it say?" Arthur asked, concerned after noticing my spooked expression.

"Asyphin is under attack, and a Scythe is leading them," I answered promptly, mentally calculating the distance to Asyphin.

"What?!" He exclaimed, a Scythe had never appeared on the field before.

I nodded grimly, "Yes, I'll take care of that, you keep things under control here."

"You can't possibly defeat a Scythe alone! Even the two of us would be hard pressed to defeat one." He protested, and he had a point, I couldn't beat the Scythe by myself.

"I know. That's why I won't be fighting alone." My team had already been sent there, according to the scroll, "Don't underestimate my team Arthur, they might surprise you with their combat prowess."

Tessia, during all this, had been uncharacteristically quiet. Normally she would have entered the conversation, but I guess she was too nervous about all this.

So, to abate the tension, I spoke, "I'll be seeing you later then sis, don't mess up on the battlefield will ya?"

She nodded tersely, "I won't. Take care, little brother."

I shrugged, "Can't deny that, I am younger."

Entering phase 1 I took off, Void Stepping under random clouds.

Please stall long enough for me to arrive.

________________________

Brandon Deepwing POV :

This is bad, the Scythe is too strong for us. We simply cannot defeat him. Retrenchment would be the logical conclusion, but it is not feasible in the current scenario.

We had foolishly thought we could fight a Scythe to a standstill, at least until he appeared. But none of our attacks seemed to work on him, every time we made even a scratch on him, black flames would bloom on the wound, healing it in mere seconds.

Even Claire, who was on the cusp of the high silver stage stood no chance.

I cursed under my breath, which should have been a clear pointer to how frustrated I was considering I don't curse at all.

The soldiers were easy enough, each being akin to a yellow core mage, and served as nothing but nuisance.

While I was lost in thought a transmission scroll materialized in front of me, containing a message from councilman Alduin.

The message was short, since we were mid-battle, long messages would be impractical.

"We need to hold off for just a bit longer, he's coming soon!" I shouted out, relief spreading through my body.

Maybe we will finally have a chance.

Then I scoffed, even if he was coming here, the chances of us perishing before he does is still alarmingly high.

________________________

Owen Wilson POV :

A wave of relief passed through the six of us once Brandon confirmed Fayden's arrival. Why would it not? He probably has some trick up his sleeve to counter the Scythe's healing. We only need to stall until then.