I dare

"Greetings everyone. My name is Tessia Eralith, your student council president. First and foremost, congratulations on your admittance to the finest institute of mages this continent has to offer." She began by placing an arm over her chest.

"While I am a first year like all of you, I have had the privilege of observing the academy a year longer. Alongside the lessons and bonds formed within these grounds, I've also seen the discrimination scholar mages in particular have faced." She continued.

True, the discrimination is very strong here.

Both of us got some looks from some of the battle mage students.

"If mere differences in uniform are able to divide you, I worry what the difference in race will lead to..." She trailed off.

It will lead to extreme bullying.

"Today, I stand before you, students of the new generation, and implore you..." She stopped, for dramatic effect I assume.

"To cast aside the mindset of the older generation that bred hostility among the different races."

"Just as the royal families have come together to form the council, we should do the same as the future of this continent!" She finished.

Otherwise we are already dead if the other continent decides to attack.

I join in the applause as Sylvie jumps enthusiastically.

I doubt she even understood most of it.

"Hey Art, Fay..." Elijah muttered.

"I...I think I'm in love." He said causing Nathan to look at him strangely and Arthur gave him a look of disgust along with Sylvie.

While I just stared at him nonchalantly, hell Zeke even showed himself by materialising his head on my shoulder and giving him a deadpan stare.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?!" He asks.

"Because you've already said that four times on the way to the building," Arthur said.

"Because you're thinking with your dick too much," I quip.

Beside she's already taken by Arthur.

"Shaddup, she's different," He retorts.

"Pfft! Yeah right," I say.

"She did change quite a bit," Arthur mumbled.

"How would you know how much she's changed?! Do you know her too like you somehow knew prince Curtis and princess Kathyln?! Did my invitation to the beautiful people mixer get lost in the mail?!" Elijah said as he got in his personal space.

"Are they always like that?" Nathan asked.

"Unfortunately so," I reply.

_______________________________________________________________________________

After the ceremony we were dismissed to the dorms.

Walking towards the dorms we talked a bit more, mostly introducing ourselves to Nathan, who turned out to be a fire augmenter and second year.

He was as surprised as the receptionist when he learned of our dual elemancy.

If only he knew.

*BOOM*

The sudden noise startles us as we rush towards the source.

"I don't see how a short-ass dwarf like you can hope to be a proper augmenter. Why don't you stick to forging weapons like real warriors like me?"