Survivors

We somehow managed to make it to the surface of the dungeon, where we fought the Guardian, the entire cavern was a mess with fissures and fallen trees everywhere.

"Do you think anyone else survived?" Arthur asked.

"Reginald and Brald were both consumed by the Elderwood Guardian before your fight. I wasn't close enough to save Samantha either, I was able to conjure a metal shelter around her. But she was pretty badly injured so I don't know if she survived." Elijah answered.

He proceeded to kneel down and place both of his hands on the ground, "Earths Pulse!"

A pulse surged around the cavern, and Elijah's face told us he found something, "Samantha is still alive!" 

He muttered another spell and a metallic tent rose from the ground, which opened up to show the sorry state of Samantha.

With her legs broken multiple times and cuts and bruises littering her body. Hell some shards of bone were even sticking out of her legs.

She seemed to be clutching something in her arms.

Elijah went to remove the vines still stuck to her leg when Arthur stops him, "Don't, the vines are acting as a makeshift splint for her leg. Removing it now will only make the injury worse."

I could send Arthur and Samantha up with Zeke, and I was about to suggest it when a roar shook the cavern, a roar I had come to recognize.

"What now!?!" Elijah jumps.

"Relax, its a friend." I reassure them.

 Soon enough a large black Dragon broke through the ceiling.

"S-Sylvie....you've grown a lot." Arthur stuttered out.

"Told ya," I quip.

She then proceeds to step towards Arthur and lick his face.

"T-That's a Wyvern right? But Wyverns don't have 4 limbs." Elijah had a hard time believing it.

"W-wait! Don't tell me, that's a D-Dragon?!" He stutters out.

"Yeah its a Dragon, stop gaping. Is it really that surprising, after knowing about our...unique abilities.?" I say.

"No, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised," He replies.

"She's my bond, Sylvie." Arthur says as he rubs her snout.

"B-but Dragons were thought to be extinct for centuries!" 

"And that is exactly why this needs to stay in between us, understood?" I spat out, a bit too cold but we had to make sure he wouldn't tell anyone.

"I'm not gonna tell anyone," He replies instantly, visibly afraid.

I nod in approval, "Good,"

"We need to hurry, lets move Samantha on Sylvie's back." Arthur went to help out Jasmine who had already started placing Samantha on Sylvie's back.

Only to find my arm blocking him, "You're in pretty bad shape Arthur, you can barely stand. Get on Zeke's back, I'll help the others here."

He sighed, "Fine."

After helping the Jasmine with Samantha I gestured Elijah to get on as well.

He hesitated for a second before climbing up.

I walk to Zeke and sit on his back, with Arthur behind me.

"Lets go" I say as we took off.

_________________________________________________________________________________