Magic Steroids?

"So, you're finally awake?" I say as Arthur regains consciousness.

Immediately he stood up, "What the hell Fayden! I could've died there!"

"You didn't did you? Besides I healed you so why are you so grumpy?"

"Why? WHY?! You cracked my jaw and shattered my arms!" He yelled.

"They're fixed aren't they? So stop your whining."

"Doesn't matter if they are healed, you still almost killed me!"

I shrug "I had to knock some sense into you,"

"And that justifies going into second phase?!"

"Yep, it did." I say in a cheery tone, before turning serious, "Now, I believe you owe an apology to Tessia."

The malice in my tone causes him to gulp before nodding.

"Great as long as we're in agreement." My voice back to its cheery state.

"Y-Yeah."

"Well I'll be seeing you then." I wave before exiting the room.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Eventually I find Nathan in my next class.

Looking closely I notice he doesn't exactly look healthy, in fact he looks like he's gonna drop dead any moment.

"Psst, Nate,"

"Huh?"

"What is up with you? You don't look so good." I ask, genuinely concerned.

"What do you mean, I'm perfectly fine." He looks at me incredulously.

"Yeah, you look half dead buddy."

"I do?"

"Yeah,"

"Strange, I feel fine though." Even if he says that, I notice his eyes wavering and his voice breaking ever so slightly.

He's lying.

I sigh, "Just...be careful okay?"

"I will."

The rest of the day passes without incident, but its the night when something most peculiar happens.

As I traverse the corridors with Nathan, we see an earth affinity battle mage student attacking Arthur.

And before either of us can interfere Sylvie transforms.

"Wha-A Dragon-How did- Weren't they- I don't-"

"Okay Nathan, calm down." I pat his back

"Calm? How can I be calm after seeing a freaking Dragon!"

"....okay fair enough, I'll explain later. Now let me see whats up with them."

He nods hesitantly.

"What happened here Ar-"

I was interrupted by Claire who was rushing towards us, "Arthur! What happened here?"

"I have no idea, he just started bursting with mana before he went complete batshit crazy and attacked me."

"Thats certainly odd..." I comment.

Claire doesn't respond as she checks the students back, revealing a protruded spine with letters written in blood on them.

"Holy fuck!" I jump.

Claire gives me a look, "Language!"

"...This guys spine is almost ripped out and has runes written in blood on them and you're worried about my language?"